Accounting / Auditing
Job Vacancy For Director, Treasury
• The successful candidate will join as the Director for Treasury in the Finance Department.
• (S) He will report to the Chief Finance Officer and will be responsible for the liquidity of AT through partnering with the sales function, daily cash reporting, executing agreed periodic cash activity, debt service, facility agreements, and overall liquidity.
• The Treasury Director will act as the liaison with local and international finance leads and banks, as well as have an oversight over the Mobile Money Finance function.
• Principal activities include cash flow forecasting and cash management, risk mitigation of financial exposures, managing all aspects of the banking relationships, streamlining treasury process, managing debt covenant compliance, preparing periodic treasury reports, monitoring treasury performance indicators, maintaining treasury policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with regulators.
• Provide ownership and manage debt portfolio ensuring covenant adherence and optimized finance cost.
• Maintain and rationalize the Company’s choice of key banks, including the analysis of fee structures, services, and counterparty credit exposure.
• Monitor potential forex exposures to operations and identify mitigation alternatives, and implementation of the necessary strategies deal with same.
• Lead and manage all banking relationships ensuring SLAs are fully established and consistently monitored.
• Develop Balance Sheet forecasts using economic variables to drive optimal cash flow planning and overall liquidity management processes.
• Work with the business and executives to fully understand and project cash flows, provide explanations for variances and mitigate funding risks.
• Develop and implement tools to effectively manage and monitor all financing obligations and covenant compliance.
• Collaborate with Group in the negotiation and structuring of all financing facilities.
• Work with the Controlling team to ensure accurate computation and accounting of loans, including capitalization of interests.
• Direct and control all activities and systems involving management of cash resources.
• Play a key role in identifying process improvements, development of policies and controls to enhance operational effectiveness and reduce risk.
• Oversee the Mobile money finance function including but not limited to liquidity management and compliance reporting.
• Champion the adherence to the performance of controls and their improvement within core Treasury and the Mobile Money Finance space.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the CFO.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or Economics; MBA/MSc. highly preferred.
• Accounting qualification such as CPA, CFA, ACCA, CIMA etc. is a pre-requisite.
• Master’s degree in finance, Accounting, Economics or Financial Risk Management.
• Professional qualification such as ACCA, CA, CFA, CIMA is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience of which two should have been in Corporate Treasury or Banking.
• Experience in and solid knowledge of international treasury and cash management practices & Treasury risk management.
• Excellent understanding of financial & capital markets, fixed income markets and the macroeconomics
• Strong & fundamental understanding of banking, controls, and the mobile financial services.
• Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
• Leading and deciding.
• Highly driven and self- motivated.
• Good business acumen.
• Adapting and Responding to Change.
• Analytical & good negotiation skills.
• Attention to details.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date: 10 September, 2023
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AT, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are, Simplicity, Transparency and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.