Kwame Nkrumah University (KNUST)
Job Vacancy For Director, University Information Technology Services (UITS)
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi announces for the information of the academic community and the general public that, the following positions would become vacant effective JANUARY 01, 2022:
Title: DIRECTOR, UNIVERSITY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (UITS)
The Director shall be the Head of the University Information Technology Services (UITS) and shall have oversight responsibility for:
• the development of appropriate Softwares;
• the development of Network Infrastructure and Operations;
• IT Support Services for the University;
• Information Security & Technology Assurance; and
• System & Database Management Services.
Qualification Required & Experience
The Applicant must:
• possess Basic Degree in computing or related field and relevant Postgraduate degree (s);
• have served in a University or analogous institution for at least 5 years as Deputy Director of IT or a minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience in a highly reputable and recognized practicing ICT firm, industry, or in the public service.
• Acquisition of relevant certificates in ICT-related courses would be an added advantage.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
• The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for FIVE (5) YEARS in the first instance, and may be subject to renewal for another term of up to five (5) years (after evaluation of performance) before attaining the compulsory statutory retirement age of SIXTY (60).
• The Salary and Conditions attached to the post are attractive.
For each of the aforementioned positions, the person to be appointed must:
• be dynamic, self- motivated, and competent with proven ability;
• be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
• have the ability to exercise sound judgment;
• exhibit high sense of initiative, and managerial and organizational skills;
• have an entrepreneurial drive and be business oriented;
• be a distinguished professional with capacity to motivate and direct staff;
• be digitally literate.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested Candidates are required to submit an Application Letter together with eight (8) copies of the following:
• Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees; and,
• A 1000-word Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the relevant position.
Applications should be marked “APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT AS DIRECTOR, UNIVERSITY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES" and forwarded under Registered Cover to reach the following Addresses:
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
Kumasi - Ghana
The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ
Closing Date: 16 July, 2021