Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and has mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate.
Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us. Purpose of Role
Prepare and dispense medicines accurately, safely and promptly under the Resident Medical Officer’s overall supervision and assist with stock controlling, ordering and re-stocking of the dispensary. Responsibilities
• Provide support to the Resident Medical Officer in the co-ordination of the day to day running of the Health Centre.
• Dispense to patients medicines as required by the Resident Medical Officer at the Health Centre.
• Maintain full accurate records of all dispensing transactions by ensuring that all receipts and issues are recorded and checked with the RMO.
• Ensure that an efficient dispensing service is provided to patients and staff which is in line with current standards and conforms to agreed service deadlines within the service level agreement.
• Participate in dispensary of inpatient medicine, discharge prescriptions and outpatients prescriptions in accordance with SOP’s.
• Prepare drugs for distribution to all First Aid Posts upon request.
• Operate efficient stock control appropriate to the needs of the dispensary with the objective of ensuring continuity of supply for patients
• Check drugs delivered each day against invoices, retain invoices until the end of the month to verify against operating cost statement of the Health Centre.
• Ensure that drugs are received and stored in an appropriate manner in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions.
• Ensure that all refrigerated items are stored at the appropriate temperature and maintaining the temperature control record/ logbook.
• Requisition for drugs when appreciable quantities are used up.
• Participate in prescribing audits as and when required.
• Ensure that appropriate security measures are maintained for the dispensary whilst on duty. That any breaches are brought to the attention of the RMO as soon as possible.
• Should have knowledge in storage/management/Audit of controlled medication.
• Liaise with service users and communicate on changes in service provision
• Act as an accredited final checker for dispensed items
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the RMO in accordance to the company’s policies. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of HND in Dispensing Technology from a recognized institution
• Minimum of 2 years working experience as a Dispensary Technician (including Hospitals Pharmaceutical shops) and must be computer literate. Additional Qualifications & Skills Requirement
• A qualified State Registered Nurse with basic knowledge and skills in General Nursing, Paramedics, and First Aid & Safety at Work will be an added advantage.
• Must have adequate knowledge in Mine Safety, Occupational Health & Hygiene and Environmental Regulations and Practices.
• Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must have strong ethics and positive attitude to work and using appropriate infection control procedures.
• Must have a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License. Location:
Western Region How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the address below: [email protected]
Or The Human Resource Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani
Please indicate ONLY the position in the subject area when applying online. Closing Date:
17 September, 2015