The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Driver to assure the safe movement of project staff in project vehicles within Ghana and ensure that the vehicles are maintained according to schedule.
The Position: This position will be hosted by the International Water Management Institute in Ghana, on behalf of the International Potato Center. The selected candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana and will report to the Officer – Finance & Administration. Key Responsibilities:
• Operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner and always follow road safety standards.
• Ensure that project vehicles are kept clean and road worthy.
• Check vehicle condition/requirement and fill-in the Logbook properly.
• Ensure use of project vehicles follows CIP motor vehicle policy.
• Conduct day-to-day vehicle checks on oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc. and timely report any noted defects to the supervisor.
• Ensure regular maintenance and servicing of project vehicles with reputable service providers.
• Report accidents or incidents to the supervisor in a timely manner.
• Drive project vehicles for transportation of project staff to implement field activities in project target countries.
• Prepare monthly summary of project vehicles’ logbooks and share with the office administrative assistant.
• Ensure compliance with CIP driving policy in case of involvement in an accident. Qualification Required & Experience
• The candidate should have a minimum of a diploma.
• At least 2 years of experience required in similar positions with a safe driving record.
• Valid driver’s license for 4X4 vehicles.
• Experience in driving 4x4 vehicles over long distances and on rough terrain.
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
• Basic mechanic knowledge to attend to minor repairs and maintenance of the vehicle in case of breakdown will be an advantage.
• Ability to adapt to different work situations and work in a team.
• Willingness to spend considerable time working under field conditions in rural areas. Desirable
• Extensive knowledge of car mechanics.
• Driver’s license for lorries and/or larger transport vehicles.
• Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office.
• Experience in working with international organizations is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of one or more local languages in Northern Ghana (Dagbani, Mamprusi, Konkombe, Gonja in particular) Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
• CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
• CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources. What are we offering?
• Compensation package commensurate with experience.
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Ghana nationals and permanent residents
only. The contract will be for an initial period of (03) three years (with a 6-month probation period).
Renewal is dependent on performance and availability of funds.
• Work in diverse workplace committed to gender equality. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on May 12th, 2022 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Closing Date:
12 May, 2022