Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality.
The Agency’s three Signature Programming Areas include Emergency Response/Recovery, Agriculture Livelihoods and Health. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs where possible, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has been working in Ghana since 1958 and currently focuses on health, and food security/livelihoods.
• Location: Accra
• Desired Start Date: August 1, 2015
The primary function of the Driver is to all assigned agency vehicles defensively, document vehicle movements accurately and ensure all assigned vehicles are well maintained and in good repair at all times. The Driver deals with a diverse group of external parties at all levels, both internal and external to CRS, and ensures all are treated in a professional and courteous manner. S/He works reports to the Logistics Officer. Key Responsibilities Vehicle Handling:
• Drive agency vehicle assigned in a defensive manner at all times.
• Ensure that vehicles and related equipment are in place and in good working condition at all times. Documentation:
• Fil out vehicle log sheets accurately and diligently at all times
• Report all faults and accidents promptly and correctly
• Ensure all maintenance records and log sheets are filled appropriately
• Vet all vehicle log sheets for correctness of all entries before information is captured in Vehicle Management System database
• Check fuel purchases from TOMCARDS receipts to VMS entries monthly to reconcile any differences
• Track performance of vehicles from Vehicle Management reports as well as repairs and maintenance costs and notify Supervisor of any anomalies Maintenance:
• Ensure all vehicles are regularly and promptly maintained and repaired to provide roadworthy vehicles at all times to meet operational and other needs
• Perform routine daily checks and diligently in accordance with Agency policy
• Report faults and maintenance needs of vehicles and equipment to supervisor
• Ensure that all tools and other accessories assigned are accounted for at all times
• Fuel vehicles using mainly the TOTAL TOM CARDS Others:
Undertake any other assignments designated by the Supervisor
Key Working Relationship Supervisory:
Logistics Officer Internal:
CP staff, HR and Administration Manager, Program Manager Agric. External:
Visitors, guests, and CRS staff doing business with the local office Agency-wide Competencies
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning Management Quality/Operations Competencies
• Promotes Stewardship of Resources
• Ensures Principled compliance
• Proactively Manages Risk Qualification Required & Experience
• At least Senior High Secondary School Certificate with five (5) years’ driving experience.
• Valid Driving License ( at least Class C)
• Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance
• Experience in supporting Administrative/Logistics is an added advantage Personal Skills
• Exercises good judgment and sound decision making at the relevant level required
• Good communication skills, must be able to interact in a mature, professional and friendly manner with local and international colleagues of differing religious and cultural backgrounds;
• Maturity and discretion; able to work with, and maintain, confidential information;
• Comfortable working within a Roman Catholic organization and upholding the principles of Catholic Social Teaching.
Foreign Language Required:
English, local languages Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Please submit your CV and letter of interest to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
08 July, 2015
The e-mail subject line for all applications and CVs should read “CAY DRIVER POSITION”.
Applications that do not comply with the above directives will be rejected. Disclaimer
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.