SB2 Only nationals of Ghana candidates may apply for this post.
• Organisational Unit:
UNESCO Accra Office
• Primary Location:
• Recruitment open to:
Internal and External candidates
• Type of contract:
01 Year (renewable)
• Annual salary:
Net Salary 15203 Ghana Cedi per annum with other admissible benefit
• Deadline (Accra time):
Monday,10 August 2015 by 04:00 p.m Overview Of The Functions Of The Post
Under the authority of the Head of Accra Office & UNESCO Representative in Ghana and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services in support of UNESCO Accra Office, ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. Specific tasks for the post will be as follows:
• Drives the UNESCO staff, officials, visitors and authorised personnel using official/ project vehicles. Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services. Meets official personnel and visitors at the airport and, when required, facilitates basic visa and customs formalities. When necessary, translates in local language for the Head/Director of the Office and/or official personnel using the vehicle. Drives vehicle on field trips, as required.
• Ensures cost-savings through proper day-to-day use of the assigned vehicle and accurate day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through daily vehicle logs, timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes and water levels and car washing so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times. Provides inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports, etc. Arranges for the vehicle to be inspected and repaired at the officially designated workshop; checks the vehicle prior to and after the workshop visit
• Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities. Ensures timely, accurate and correct reporting of accidents. Assist in installations and use of HF, VHF radio and satellite phone in the vehicle.
• Delivers and collects mail and documents and other items as required. When not driving, may perform other duties, such as photocopying, binding, assisting with filing, paying some office bills, etc.
• Undertakes the duties of other drivers when they are on leave.
• Additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team. Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary School Education
• 3 to 5 year's experience as a driver at a reputed company/ organisation. Skills/Competencies:
• The incumbent needs to be punctual in all occasions.
• The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Must have respect for other road users. Languages:
Ability to communicate in written and spoken English and in local languages. Desirable Qualification:
Ability to work and deliver under pressure Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates with desired qualifications and skills should directly send their CV with cover letter in English to : Finance and Administrative Officer,
UNESCO Office in Accra,
4 Royal Palm Street,
OR email to:- [email protected]
. Please mention the post title on the top of the envelope. Closing Date:
10 August, 2015 ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATE WILL BE CONTACTED. A WRITTEN EXAMINATION MAY BE USED IN THE EVALUATION OF CANDIDATES. UNESCO IS A NON-SMOKING ORGANISATION