Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 60 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $173 million. Job Summary
We are currently seeking Drivers for a multi-year USAID-funded value chain program in northern Ghana that will increase the competitiveness of the maize, rice and soya value chains. Qualification Required & Experience
• 3 years work experience as a driver in an NGO, international organization, or UN system with a safe driving record.
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, Conversant with the road network and traffic regulations of Ghana
• Skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Must possess a clean class C driver license
• Ability to establish effective professional relationships with co-workers and upper level staff and employees.
• Knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicles(s)
• Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs, good judgment to make timely and sound decisions.
• Dependability and a strong work ethic are essential
• Ability and willingness to travel. Location:
Bolga, Tamale and Kumasi How To Apply For The Job
Please submit a resume to: [email protected] Closing Date:
01 July, 2015
• Please write the job location for which you are applying in the email subject line
• No phone calls please
• Only finalists will be contacted EOE.
Applicants who are resident in these respective locations will be considered.