Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Editor, Administrative Staff.
Standing Executive Committee (SEC)
Communication Committee, Executive Secretary
• To oversee and manage the print and electronic publications as well as the website of the PSGH
• Plan the contents of publications according to the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
• Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, or supervise others who do this work.
• Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
• Review and approve proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication production.
• Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
• Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
• Meet frequent with artists, typesetters, layout personnel, marketing direct, and production managers to discuss projects and resolve problems.
• Supervise and coordinate work of reporters and other editor
• Make manuscript acceptance or revision recommendations to the publisher. Interview and hire writers and reporters or negotiate contracts, royalties, any payments for authors or freelancers.
• Arrange tor copyright permissions.
• Perform duties assigned by the Executive Secretary
• This job description is intended as a guide to the principal duties and responsibilities for the post and should not be considered an exhaustive list. It is subject to change in line with future development of the Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a pharmacist with at least five (5) years of post-registration experience
• A relevant postgraduate degree
• Prior experience in similar capacity
• Age Limit: Not more than thirty-five (35) years
• In addition to the above, the prospective candidate should write in not more than two (2) A4 sheets with double-spaced typing of font size 12, his or her vision to transform the publications and communication of the PSGH
Attractive and Negotiable
How To Apply For The Job
Applications with subject heading "EDITOR" should be emailed to:
, with cover letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates and documents
14 February, 2020
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.