High Deep, is seeking a new curator for our Accra edition. We are looking for a talented, motivated, and independent curator to join our international editorial team. The primary role of the position is to curate the content for our High Deep, edition in Accra. Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about Accra and loves to share the best kept secrets of the city as well as captivating travel content with our audience of tastemakers. As a freelance curator for High Deep, you will have tons of flexibility, as long as you stick to our deadlines. Everyone at High Deep is a passionate storyteller, pushing the limits of digital publishing. The written word is a huge part of that – an interview goes from dry to mesmerizing in the hands of a good wordsmith, and a misplaced punctuation mark derails otherwise great reads.
• Curates the content for the Accra edition and sends over to the editorial team for approval
• Contacts business owners to get real insight on places (or visits the places on her/his own) and help source photos
• Submits to editorial team on a timely manner
• Attends monthly editorial meetings to brainstorm future content
• Manage various marketing and promotional tasks as assigned by management
• Contribute Text to social media
Qualification Required & Experience
• Is fluent in English
• Passionate in writing, copying editing and proofing texts and interviews
• You genuinely love the craft of writing, having professional experience with it – it’s not just something you picked up to support your other creative pursuits.
• You are a self-starter, one who sees needs before they arise and makes suggestions before others do – then you are able to own your tasks, seeing them through in a busy work environment
• Is tech savvy/loves learning how to use new tools that will help them work & communicate more efficiently with the team (Wordpress)
• Loves Accra and knows the city inside out
• Is passionate about High Spirit’s content and loves our content categories (culture, eat & drink, style, travel etc.)
• Is passionate about discovering exciting places and experiences to share with our readers
• Believes in the values and mission of High Deep,, as much as we do
• Marketing and PR experience a plus.
In addition, you should:
• Have 2-4 years in an editorial background, freelance or in-house.
• Have experience with digital journalism as well as some work with brand. Social Media experience a plus as well.
• Have familiarity with the usual software tools (Dropbox, Google Docs/Drive, WordPress, Slack etc.)
You should be Accra-based or willing to relocate. English-speaking native with strong English skills required. The position is full time, with pay dependent on experience.
First-hand experience in a fast-growing, global digital media company, an opportunity to expand your skills to digital media, access to a global audience of readers that are very passionate about our secrets, an opportunity to work with a team of sought-after professionals who take real pride in their work.
How To Apply For The Job
1. A short cover letter in your email, stating your interest, experience, your availability.
2. 2-3 work samples of your work as a writer or editor.
3. A CV
4. Would be nice: Links to 2 articles. The first should be a piece that pushes the boundaries of what is possible to do with digital storytelling online. The second should be to a piece (interview or long-form article) on a creative personality, one where the writer did an amazing job highlighting unique character through words. Explain your choices for both.
If you’d like to apply, please send an email to:-
– put the words “Accra Editor” in the title of the email.
14 November, 2015
About High Deep
High Deep will be serving a hard-to-find audience of affluent and well-connected tastemakers. We want to cover over 10 markets, its premium content (web and email) reveals the latest in contemporary life - coveted city spots (bars, restaurants, shops), cultural events and travel guides -- while integrating brands around passion points.