We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following position:- Editor, Graphic Showbiz
This is a leadership position requiring the office holder to produce the Graphic Showbiz newspaper and its website in furtherance of G.C.G.L.'s corporate goals and objectives within the framework of the company strategy, budget, policies and code of ethics. Responsibilities (Key Accountabilities)
• Take editorial decisions for the paper and its website in terms of its news content to ensure increase in sales
• Ensure that the character of the paper and its website is in conformity with the agreed purpose of the paper and house style of the company.
• Ensure that all pages are read, edited and proofread for the paper and its website to be devoid of any grammatical and typesetting errors and thereby uphold the high image of the paper.
• Ensure that staff are appropriately assigned to undertake editorial duties and gather news stories to enable the publication of the paper and on its website
• Write editorials and blogs to reflect the opinion of the paper
• Source and co-ordinate the activities and contributions from external contributors to the newspaper for the purpose of sustaining certain columns and series that give a unique character to the paper
• Set and monitor reports, mid-year reviews and annaul budget
• Responsible for training and development, professionalism and motivation of the staff of the department.
• Develop ideas for events and implement accordingly Qualification Required & Experience
• 1st Degree in Communication/Journalism Studies or related field with 8 years working experience
• Diploma in Journalism from a reputable institution with 10 years working experience
• Member of the Ghana Journalisms Association
• A masters qualification in Communication Studies and keen interest in the arts and entertainment will be an advantage Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:- Ag. Director, HR & Administration
Graphic Communications Group Ltd
Alternatively, you may email your application to the HR operations Manager at:- [email protected] Closing Date:
19 June, 2015