Type of contract:
29th October, 2015
Provide consultancy services to edit or develop communications and advocacy materials including but not limited to the following: human interest stories, advocacy briefs, brochures, booklets,audio slide shows or video scripts, concept notes/proposals, reports. etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Edit or develop high value communications and advocacy materials including but not limited to human interest stories, advocacy briefs, brochures, booklets, audio slide shows or video scripts, concept notes/proposals, reports etc.
• Develop assigned high value communications and advocacy materials.
• Take high quality photos of high resolutions whenever required.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A university degree in Sociology, Communication Studies, Journalism or a similar field, Master's Degree is an added advantage;
• Should have at least three years' experience in developing and producing communication materials including human Interest stories for various platforms, advocacy booklets,brochures, concept notes. proposals, as well as the ability to shoot high quality images.
• High responsible sense of Journalistic ethics and in-depth understanding of human right issues
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
• Excellent editing skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to deliver products on time
• Initiative, flexibility and patience
How To Apply For The Job
To support us in evaluating applications, candidates should submit two samples of previous work that demonstrate their ability to develop high value communications materials e.g.. human interest stories developed, advocacy briefs, brochures, booklets, audio slide shows or video scripts, concept notes/proposals, reports etc. Candidates should also submit five photographs that demonstrate their ability to take photographs.
If interested, please complete the United Nations Personal History form ((P11)) (available at:-
) and include a copy of your CV, academic certificates and motivation letter.
Please indicate the title of the consultancy in the subject line and send your application directly to:-
29 October, 2015
Applications submitted without the (P11) form will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Female Candidates are Especially Encouraged to Apply