Transforming Teaching, Education & Learning (T-TEL) is a newly formed Ghanaian not-for-profit organisation which aims to become a leading supplier of educational technical assistance for improving learning outcomes and greater productivity.
T-TEL is now recruiting for several technical and operational roles with an anticipated start date of September 2020. All positions are dependent upon securing donor funds and are based in Accra unless stated. Job Title:
Education Advisers (x6) Reporting and Management
• Reports to University Lead Coordinator
• No line management responsibility Job Description Working as directed by University Lead Coordinator to develop relationships and implement work streams with each university and their affiliated CoEs including quality assurance, technical support and performance monitoring and overseeing the following tasks and activities:
• Work with each university to provide technical and financial support to enable the delivery of new B.Ed. and PG Certificate courses for SHS teachers from the 2022/23 academic year onwards.
• Provide technical and financial support to enable universities to deliver activities to ensure effective implementation of the B.Ed. in Initial Teacher Education in affiliated Colleges of Education. This will include work to ensure that universities are developing appropriate Teacher Professional Learning Community (TPLC) and Professional Development Session (PDS) materials linked to the new B.Ed. the establishment of Teaching and Learning Material (TLM) Resource Centres in all 46 CoEs and work with MMDDEs and partner schools to ensure that Supported Teaching in School (STS) is implemented as intended across all 2,000 partner schools.
• Represent the organisation in public forums and meetings as directed by the University Lead Coordinator and support in the production of written reports and updates as needed to fulfil obligations to clients.
• Stakeholder management and relationship building with the university, CoEs, RMMDDEs and other relevant stakeholders. Qualification Required & Experience Candidate Specification
• Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in education, project management or a relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 5 years working experience in education project management, capacity building workshops organisation and facilitation is required
• Demonstrate a passion for, and understanding of, the value of education
• Knowledge and experience of the teacher education sector in Ghana including knowledge of teaching and learning, school management, and education quality improvement.
• Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent planning skills including the ability to develop complex multifaceted workplans and see them through to completion by supporting others to deliver.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience of monitoring the implementation of work plans, performance and results.
• Well-organised, task- and time- oriented, and with close attention to details.
• Good ICT skills (including documents, spreadsheets, e-mail, calendar, Android tablets / phones).
• Independent with the ability to use own initiative and ability to be flexible. Location:
Accra, Winneba, Cape Coast, Kumasi & Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Applications are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. Closing Date:
18 July, 2020