We are a small but growing grassroots NGO. We work to improve the quality of life for deprived children in rural Ghana through creative early childhood development programmes that are run by communities themselves. We seek to empower people so that they can change their own lives for the better. Job Summary
Lively Minds Ghana, a very small but growing NGO, is looking for a passionate, creative and hard working person to fill the above position. Purpose of the position:
The education officer will be a key player in a small flexible team and will participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of all our education programmes in deprived rural villages in Northern Ghana. Major Responsibilities:
• To plan, deliver and evaluate all activities effectively and efficiently
• To develop and deliver high quality training and activities for beneficiaries – who are illiterate women and youths in deprived rural communities
• To monitor, evaluate and support project activities. You must be able to identify successes, risks and problems and where necessary suggest creative improvements
• To keep the Country Manager consistently up to date with events and activities by providing and maintaining field reports following each field visit and to provide evaluation reports as required.
• To ensure absolute accountability and value for money at all times.
• To act as an effective team member and promote mutual respect amongst colleagues Qualification Required & Experience Minimum Education level required:
Education: Teaching qualification is essential. Minimum of 4 years experience in a teaching position. Experience of working in deprived rural communities and/or early childhood development experience. Other Competencies/Attributes:
• Excellent interpersonal skills- can work effectively with and motivate vulnerable women and children in communities, as well as with colleagues
• Planning and co-ordination skills – can plan and organize time and limited resources effectively, working to strict deadlines
• Excellent communication skills - can keep to clear, consistent messaging and is able to coach others to do the same
• Critical reasoning and problem-solving - can analyse risks and find creative solutions to issues as they arise
• Excellent skills in speaking, reading and writing English and Dagbani
• Proficiency in Microsoft word and Excel.
• Driving licence (must be able to ride a motorbike) Location:
Tamale and Bolgatanga How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their CV and 2 references, together with a cover note answering the following questions to [email protected] Closing Date:
09 January 2013 Questions for cover letter:
• Why is early childhood development important?
• What are the barriers to early childhood development in rural communities?
• Give an example of a time when you have found a way to solve a problem using only small amounts of money.
• Why do you want to work for Lively Minds Ghana? As a child focused organisation, Lively Minds is committed to the protection of children and does not employ whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. Lively Minds is an equal opportunities employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply