Keegan Resources Ghana Ltd. ("KRGl") is a fully-owned subsidiary ofAsanko Gold Inc., a company which is building the Asanko Gold Mine, Ghana's next gold mine. The vision of Asanko is to become a mid-tier gold mining company that maximizes value for all stakeholders. Purpose:
Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools. Key Responsibilities:
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system;
• Assist to plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications;
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem;
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components;
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes;
• Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor;
• To carry out preventive maintenance including checking, cleaning and lubrication of electrical equipments. Qualification Required & Experience
• Trades qualification in Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation Installation;
• Minimum of two (2) years’ post qualification work experience in a similar position;
• Well developed oral and written communication skills (i.e. English and Twi);
• Ability to read and interpret elementary electrical and mechanical drawings, plans and specifications;
• Ability to read and interprets circuit diagrams, construction drawings and service repair manuals;
• Cooperation and compliance with instructions. Location:
Ghana How To Apply For The Job
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
• Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for;
• Limit your CV to 4 pages;
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
• List your most recent positions first;
• Include copies of relevant certificates and academic records.
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to: Human Resources Officer
Keegan Resources (Ghana) Ltd.
Obotan Gold Project.
Or email: [email protected] Closing Date:
01 June, 2015
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.