Perseus Mining Limited is a dual listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused an the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana. The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility and achieved up to 7.2Mtpa via few plant upgrades in 2016. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 180,000-220,000oz gold per annum.
Purpose of Role:
• The successful candidate would assist in the day-to-day management of the Electrical maintenance functions throughout the site.
• Develop and implement effective electrical and instrumentation standards and procedures; Train and develop section employees to uphold the high performance standard;
• Identify, implement and manage E&l Projects;
• Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimise unplanned downtimes, anticipate problems timely and identify opportunities for improvement;
• Ensure availability of supplies of parts and materials to meet operational needs;
• Ensure Minerals Commission and Machinery Inspection regulations relating to E&l are met at all times;
• Implement and maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures and ensure to maintain a healthy working environment;
• High Voltage Switch gear, lines maintenance, functional checks & tests;
• Manage all consultants or contractors as required;
• Manage all electrical and instrumentation documentation; policies, procedures and standards, designs and drawings, handover packages as may be required by Legislation and engineering best practice;
• Performs all duties of the Electrical Competent person under the Mines and Quarries Act;
• Perform any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Edikan Gold Mine operations as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc Electrical Engineering;
• At least Ten (10) years' work experience in instrumentation and process control in the mining or related environment, five of which must have been in Management position;
• Must possess Mineral Commission Competency Certificate to work as Electrical Superintendent;
• Current advanced first aid certificate;
• Must have a valid Ghanaian Driving licence;
• High technical ability in problem-solving and failure analysis capabilities with special emphasis on field instruments, PLCs and data control systems;
• Strong ability to manage process plant instrumentation and electrical equipment maintenance;
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft office, MS Project, and working experience in planned maintenance software packages:
• Sound process plant business acumen and ability to influence main cost drivers to achieve set objectives;
• Formal leadership and management and skill development training;
• Knowledge of Occupational health and safety regulations;
• Knowledge of Environmental Management Principles;
• Planning and Scheduling formal training;
• Ability to conduct root cause failure analysis.
Competitive and Attractive
How To Apply For The Job
Applications will only be received by email to:
With the advertised job title "Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent" as the subject line of the email.
31 January, 2020
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunities employer.