Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and has mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate.
Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us. Purpose of Role
To ensure the efficient supervision and control of Electrical Maintenance Team by allocating and managing resources (people and equipment) to attain production and engineering objectives and actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement programme. Responsibilities & Duties
• Diagnose and replace faulty electrical and electronic systems, units and components of machines and equipment.
• Execute the planned jobs according to priorities and the availability of equipment and in accordance with Kinross work management practices.
• Organise and lead electrical team to ensure each job is done safely, timely and with highest quality
• Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance, ensures safety at each work place
• Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local codes
• Perform periodical and scheduled inspection programs to maintain CGML Underground assets and infrastructure according to established mine maintenance and engineering standards and keep them in a good condition
• Respond to emergency calls in a timely and safe manner
• Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints
• Assist in training of CGML Engineering Staff as required. Ensure that Contractors are performing according to contractual obligations with the Company.
• Open, review and close Work Orders in JDE, prepare Purchase Requisitions and estimates
• Work with other maintenance software tools as required
• Investigate and provide technical reports for any incidents and participate in Root Cause Analysis of failures when required.
• Coordinate with the planning section to set / review required maintenance / repair plans, maintenance schedules and strategies
• Execute planned jobs according to priorities and in accordance with Kinross work management practices.
• Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance
• Plan scheduled shutdown maintenance, conduct shutdown meetings and post-shutdown reviews.
• Assist in preparing annual budget and quarterly forecasts for the section.
• Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by your supervisor in accordance to the company’s policies. Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a Degree/HND in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Must have a minimum of 3 - 5 years' experience in plant maintenance & process equipment in a mining environment.
• Must have experience and knowledge of medium and low voltage VFD’s, soft start motor starters, PLC’s and power Distribution
• Ability to prepare estimates, tender document specifications for any Electrical works and analyse offers to recommend the best option
• Must have knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
• Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good and defensive driving skills.
• Must be a computer literate - MS Office Suite. Location:
Western Region How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than 8th October, 2015: [email protected]
Or The Human Resources Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani
Please indicate ONLY the position in the subject area when applying online. Closing Date:
08 October, 2015