AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical Supervisor - Underground.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Electrical Supervisor – Underground is accountable for the monitoring and control of output of Underground Electrical refurbishment of electrical equipment in the Underground infrastructures to standard, the transition to operations, through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
• Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
• Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
• Gather information for the Electrical Superintendent – Underground for reporting performance
• Conduct periodic audits of all electrical equipment in Underground infrastructure (secondary fans, cabling, etc.) during refurbishment, later maintenance
• Conduct reviews of the electrical refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Underground infrastructures to identify actions for continuous improvement
• Organize information for the Electrical Superintendent – Underground to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
• Execute refurbishment, later maintenance, work checks on a routine scheduled basis. This include visual checks, vibration data collection, infrared data collection, ultrasonic data collection, motor current and flux data collection, simple NDT data collection;
• Analyse and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc.) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action;
• Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report
• Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
• Generate work requests in SAP as required for new build/ maintenance planning and scheduling
• Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
• Gather information on vibration & other data collected in order to diagnose / troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
• Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of Electrical equipment as per requirements.
• Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
• Propose cost savings projects
• Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment work contractors to time plan, escalate real or potential delays
• Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
• Report directly to the Superintendent on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
• Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Maintenance Management, or equivalent
• Financial, commercial, and project management through work experience and courses
• Must possess Supervisors Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
• Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body
• An experienced Electrical maintenance Supervisor with 5+ years’ experience in, preferably, Underground maintenance
• Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
• Experience in Project Management
• Professional Supervisor with a relevant certification body
• Knowledge of SAP PM module
• Strong Electrical maintenance competencies in mining environment
• Sound project management skills
• Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
• Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
• Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
• Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
• Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
• Must be able to communicate about technical issues both
• Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
• Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
• Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
• Consistent with the company values
• Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
• To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
• Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
• Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
• Able to work different kinds of people
• Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
14 February, 2020