The Electrical Technician is responsible for the safe, reliable and efficient operation and maintenance of the plant equipment so as to optimize turnaround time in operations, while maintaining a particular emphasis on safety of personnel/equipment, availability, efficiency and protection of the environment.
• Assist the Operations, Planning & Reliability Engineer to design and engineer necessary cost effective modification to existing plant to ensure increase in efficiency / equipment output and to improve safety and reliability as well.
• Assist in the design and engineering of new projects to develop project specifications.
• Assist Procurement department with technical specifications for all technical related Purchase & Service Order Agreements for Electrical and Instrumentation equipment.
• Assist the Operations, Planning & Reliability Engineer to plan and make available materials and spares for overhauls and mandatory inspections of plants and equipment
• Assist the Operations, Planning & Reliability Engineer to monitor and commission plant and systems of equipment.
• Assist in the collation of punch list and warranty items for redress by Project Team/Contractors.
• Operates as part of the Electrical and Instrumentation maintenance team across a wide range of duties
• Carries out Electrical and Instrumentation maintenance procedures are carried out in accordance with safe practice
• Works under the supervision of the Operations, Planning & Reliability Engineer / Supervisor, to ensure that all maintenance Schedule for E&I plants and equipment are strictly adhered to achieve budget/business plan targets
• Monitor spares utilization and compare against predicted to optimize spares holding.
• Monitor plant and equipment performance. Maintaining and updating E&I maintenance procedures
• Performs any other work that the position may demand or instructed by the supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc. Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Engineering (with national service) or HND part III or equivalent + 2 years of experience
• A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in operations and maintenance of power or heavy process engineering plant.
• Willingness to undertake further training as required
• Ability to operate flexible work practices to achieve optimum results.
• Experience and competence in power plant technology, systems and procedures
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should send their resume to:
18 November, 2015