AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical Technician - Surface Mine Infrastructure. ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Electrical Technician – Surface Mine Infrastructure reports to the Electrical Supervisor – Surface Mine Infrastructure and is accountable for executing all types of plant electrical maintenance as required and tasked such as Fridge Plants, Primary Vent Fans(BVS, CAT 300, SNVS, KMVS, GCVS), Generator sets, and Pastefill and cover breakdown maintenance on call in a safe and compliant manner as instructed during refurbishment, later maintenance, of the surface mine infrastructure.
• The work is to be executed in accordance with detailed tasking in accordance with applicable Government of Ghana and AGAG safety and environmental requirements. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
• Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
• Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
• Execute electrical refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked - compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
• Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
• Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
• Recognise any machine, equipment or crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
• Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities. Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary education level
• Certificate of successful completion of respected electrical trade apprenticeship (example: City and Guilds) Experience
• Five (5) years of experience of post-apprenticeship work in an electrical trade
• Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation Technical Competencies
• Fully literate and numerate
• Fully competent in electrical trade Location:
Obuasi How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
25 November, 2021