KRGL is seeking to employ qualified persons to fill the role below. This is a permanent, challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate his/her abilities. Position:
ELECTRICIAN Key Responsibilities:
• Professionally carry out all assigned task by following safe working procedures or best engineering practice as may be necessary.
• Carry out testing, maintenance and repair of electrical and other related equipment;
• Assist with maintenance of Medium Voltage substation equipment and switchgear
• Safely Troubleshoot and rectify electrical and related faults;
• Maintain and overhaul electrical motors and associated drives or starters.
• Configure and maintain Variable speed drives and soft starters
• Repair and maintain electrical Heaters, ovens, and Kilns associated with process plant operations.
• Undertake periodic inspections on plant equipment and report defects to facilitate repairs and maintenance.
• Carry out any other works as may be directed by the Electrical Supervisor. Qualification Required & Experience
• Higher National Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of four(4) years post qualification work experience preferably in a Gold processing plant or mining related environment; or
• EET part 2 with Minimum of four (6) years’ post qualification work experience preferably in a Gold processing plant or mining related environment;
• Ability to work on motor starters and Motor control and protection modules;
• Experience with HV switching techniques and safeties;
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to work under minimal or no supervision;
• Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings as well as P&IDs. Location:
Esaase How To Apply For The Job
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
• Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
• Limit your CV to 4 pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
• List your most recent positions first
• Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to: Unit Manager – HR Administration, Keegan Resources (Ghana) Ltd. No. 4, Sir ArkuKorsah Road, Airport Residential Area, P. O. Box CT 6153, Accra-Ghana.
Or email: [email protected]
Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line. Closing Date:
31 August, 2015