The advisor is responsible for managing employment promotion measures that form part of the programme objectives and team agreements.
GIZ- Programme for Sustainable Economic Development (PSED)
PSED Head of Programme
Two-year contract with a possibility of an extension
• Assist and monitor the development and implementation of programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts
• Contribute to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint programme activities and work at the regional level
• Responsible for the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the programme's area of activity
• Develop and organise quality assurance measures and suggest necessary changes, improvement and initiative
• Support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, private sector, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme environment and with other projects tc improve and maintain good working relationships.
• Representing PSED in migration- and employment-related meetings and events
• Collaboration at technical level with partner organisations such as MELR, NBSSI,NVTI, British Council and Ghanaian German Centre.
• Communicate local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing of ideas and information for the benefit of the programme.
• Ensure knowledge transfer to programme information
• Develop ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
• Prepare reports and presentation documents, including monitoring & evaluation, success stories and best practice examples.
• Prepare appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports and contributes to the other reports required by the Hou, the programme manager and GIZ Head Office.
• Assist with general project/intervention planning and develop project/intervention concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and coordination of their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation for all three target regions
• Coordinating the monitoring of the implementation of substantial Grant and Financing, Agreements in all three target regions, reporting back to the HOU.
• Coordinate relevant project activities/interventions at local consultation with the manager and in cooperation With the partners regarding implementation and organizational aspects
• Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments.
• Handle other task on behalf of GIZ (e.g. impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting)
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters/MSc or equivalent in an area that is related to employment promotion
• At least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position
• Professional experience in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
• Professional experiences in the fields of (self-)employment promotion, TVET, financial system development, entrepreneurship/SME promotion and/or migration are additional assets,
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Diligent, goal oriented, open minded and innovative
• Team player and ability to perform task without supervision
• Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of German is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset
• Strong managerial, organisational and social competence
• Capacity development experience, especially organisational development
• Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed - corresponding measures are agreed with management
GIZ salary grid (Band 4 Ghana), SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and a one - page cover letter:
under the job code 2019/PSED/08/01
If you do not hear from us 2 weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
13 September, 2019