Engineer, IN & VAS Operations
MTN Level 2
Manager, IS IN & VAS Operations
• Support the execution of all operational Task/Job for IN & VAS platforms and to deliver the required availability level and KPIs of all IN & VAS Services.
• Collaborate with technology team members, end users, and other
• Service and Support:
o Corrective Maintenance for IN & VAS Nodes
o Complaints-Ticket handling
o Problem troubleshooting.
o Preventive Maintenance (Checklists) on IN & VAS Nodes
o Database monitoring, troubleshooting
o Escalates anomalies to Manager in the form of simple reports in order to inform him of any potential unresolved problems
• Periodic testing of IN & VAS Services and ensuring proper functionality of the different servicing.
• Work closely with cross functional team for the design and implementation of any new service.
• Handling & Resolution of IN & VAS complaints within the set targets.
• Ensure proper handling of all third party Nodes and content provider
• Coordinate and assist with the integration of third party supplier
• Coordinate and Support the Managed services supplier and ensure appropriate KPIs monitoring
• Weekly review of Managed service operation with supplier with manager and other colleagues
• Compliant of VAS systems access security with the internal IT policies
• Execute daily system checks and initiate actions accordingly
• Responsible for emergency handling on the IN & VAS Systems.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or its equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT with at least 2 years’ experience in a Telecoms environment
• Expert in DB administration (Oracle / SQL)
• Expert in Solaris and Unix Operating systems
• Good knowledge in Unix shell scripting
• Good knowledge in NFS and clustered storage solutions
• Knowledge in GSM Services
• Knowledge in data presentation and analysis
• Basic Financial knowledge
• Commitment to the Organization
• Teamwork & Cooperation
• Customer Focus
• Taking the Initiative
• Analytical Thinking, Problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Team building abilities
• Ability to function under pressure.
• Ability to think and articulate thoughts logically
• Ability to Multitask
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by April 12, 2019 to:
Kindly indicate the Position in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
20 April, 2019