AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) limited (AAIL) A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited operates the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) limited (AAIL) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Engineer - Quality Assurance, Quality Control & Safety
• The purpose of the role is to ensure that work is performed under general supervision, and requires knowledge of the policies, procedures, and regulations of a specific engineering programme supervisory techniques, personnel policies and procedures.
• Ensure the delivery of all projects conform to specifications and document daily field inspections.
• Apply best practice in projects and expenditures and make projections on opportunities
• Ensure Cost effectiveness and consistently drive cost-savings
• Serve as main point of contact on site for questions and discussions on issues regarding Project delivery.
• Prepare daily Quality Control Reports and perform physical examination of materials and equipment to ensure that they conform to approved drawings or submittals and that all required materials and/or equipment are on hand and comply with the contract
• Track construction deficiencies and ensue timely corrective actions.
• Liaise with clients, consultants, supervisors, suppliers and contractors regarding quality, safety and material control issues on a daily basis.
• Manage all work methods and maintain knowledge of all quality assurance standards and monitor continuous application for all quality assurance processes and recommend corrective actions where necessary
• Supervise effective implementation of all test and inspection schedules and ensure adherence to all procedures and coordinate with various teams to perform quality audits on processes.
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a recognised tertiary institution
• Minimum of three (3) years post-qualification experience in a related
• Must possess team leadership, interpersonal and supervisory skills
• Ability to work under pressure with quality of work as a priority
• Possess a minimum of Inspecting Engineers Competency Certificate from the Minerals Commission
• Must be a member of Ghana Institute of Engineers
• Medical fitness for the position, as well as the environment
• Possess valid Ghanaian Driving Licence and ability to drive Light Vehicle
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and eligible persons are to submit their application letters with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses:
The Senior Manager - Human Resources
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
P. O. Box 283
27 March, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview