AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Engineering Supervisor - Dewatering.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Engineering Supervisor - Dewatering is accountable for the monitoring and control of maintenance and operations of the Underground Dewatering pumps after refurbishment in the transition to operations, through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
• Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
• Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
• Gather information for the Superintendent – Mine Dewatering for reporting performance
• Conduct periodic audits of all Dewatering equipment/pumps in Underground infrastructure
• Conduct reviews of the Dewatering refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Underground infrastructures to identify actions for continuous improvement and that operability to requirements is ensured
• Organise information for the Superintendent – Mine Dewatering to allow development of condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
• Utilize the SAP asset maintenance management system in maintenance activities.
• Execute regular controls on maintenance and operations work quality, according to standards, timeliness and AGAG compliance.
• Execute refurbishment, later maintenance, work checks on a routine scheduled basis. This include visual checks, vibration data collection, infrared data collection, ultrasonic data collection, motor current and flux data collection, simple NDT data collection;
• Analyse and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action;
• Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/ maintenance planning and scheduling
• Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
• Gather information on vibration & other data collected and escalate in order to permit diagnosis / troubleshooting rotating machinery problems.
• Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of Dewatering equipment, when required.
• Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment/maintenance work and contractors to time plan, escalate real or potential delays
• Log monitored equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to register and escalate symptoms of potential failure.
• Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Hydraulics Engineering or Maintenance Management, or equivalen
• An experienced Dewatering Operations Supervisor with over 5 years’ experience in, preferably, Underground operations / maintenance
• Knowledge of SAP PM module
• Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body
• Strong Dewatering operations/maintenance competencies in mining environment
• Sound project management skills
• Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
• Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
• Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
• Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
• Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
How to Apply For the Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
30 June, 2022