Plan International Ghana is looking for an Enterprise Development Specialist to effectively support a team of professionals and deliver high quality programming and results for a project titled “Women’s Innovation for Sustainable Enterprises (WISE)”. The WISE Project seeks to leverage the enormous potential and agency of Ghanaian women entrepreneurs aged 19 to 55 years in rural and peri-urban areas by employing both demand- and supply-side interventions to contribute to increased realization of rights to economic empowerment, well-being and inclusive economic growth in 3 districts in Bono and Ahafo regions (Sunyani Municipal, Tano North and Techiman Municipal) and 2 districts in Northern region (Kumbungu and Tolon). The project will start in February 2020, has a duration of 4 years, and a budget of over 5.5 million EUR.
Dimensions of Role:
• The Enterprise Development Specialist position contributes to WISE Project objective of supporting the establishment of women-friendly business hubs (HerHubs), which will serve as a ‘one-stop shop’ for women to access gender-responsive services to start and grow small enterprises.
• In close collaboration and coordination with the WISE project team, he/she will ensure successful, innovative, efficient and effective functioning of HerHubs through effective business planning, business training and developing private sector linkages in collaboration with women entrepreneurs, civil society organizations and decentralized agencies of the government towards achieving a common goal.
• Reporting to the WISE Project Lead, the Enterprise Development Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that women entrepreneurs build their knowledge and skills to develop and run successful enterprises by adopting appropriate business practices and culture.
• The post-holder will be based in Tamale but travel to project districts where the WISE project operates for approximately 60% of her/his time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree or equivalent.
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in leading complex development projects that deliver high quality economic empowerment programming and gender transformative results, particularly in agricultural development, value chain and/or green, Agriculture Economics, Entrepreneurship, Enterprise Development or business sector.
• Demonstrated experience providing technical support to gender transformative programming gender issues in the NGO/voluntary sector
• Significant experience in building public/private partnerships preferably in Enterprise Development, Agriculture and Green Businesses.
• Demonstrated experience in conducting business and investment analysis, and capital budgeting; and sufficient evidence on how the results were used to develop potentially viable business ideas and subsequently tangible businesses.
• Proven experience in building the capacity of partner institutions; supporting partners to manage knowledge, measure progress, and plan and innovate within Agricultural Value Chains and Green Businesses.
• Knowledge of and experience with or within community organisations.
• Demonstrated experience in project management including in donor budget managements, proposal development and monitoring and evaluation.
• Demonstrated behaviours needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role.
• Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs.
• Commitment to working transparently and with integrity.
• Inclusive and empowering approach to providing technical advice and support.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills, natural ability to manage diverse opinions and agendas, finding win-win solutions in a respectful manner.
• Demonstrated creativity and willingness to innovate.
• Flexible and adaptable work style to respond to an evolving context.
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
28 February, 2020