Plan International is a global organisation that works side by side with communities in 50 developing countries to end the cycle of poverty for children and their families. Plan works at the community level to develop customized solutions and ensure long-term sustainability. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities for generations to come and range from clean water and healthcare programs to education projects and child protection initiatives. Across program areas, Plan's activities are guided by a Child-Centered Community Development (CCCD) approach, which is rights-based, holistic, gender sensitive and inclusive.
Plan International Ghana is an international Child-Centered Community Development organization that seeks to help excluded/marginalized children realize their full potential. In order to strengthen its Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Unit, Plan International Ghana is looking for dynamic and results-oriented persons to fill the under mentioned positions
The Evaluation and Research Coordinator is a member of the MER unit. The position delivers substantial contribution to the efficient roll-out of the Programme Accountability and Learning System (PALS) and enhances evidence-based individual and organisational learning from Evaluation and Research (E&R) processes.
Dimensions of Role:
• Responsible for ensuring quality in E&R initiatives including Annual Participatory Programme Review (APPR) and post intervention studies
• Supports the roll-out of other key PALS components:- a. Child Rights Situational Analysis (CRSA), b. Country Strategic Plan (CSP), c.Programme Unit Long Term Plan (PULTP) d. Programme Unit (PU) annual plan development e. PULTP baseline studies, and CSP evaluations.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitates the development of the annual evaluation and research plan in a participatory manner;
• Develops/revises ToR for E&R activities;
• Submits research ToR to the global Research and Knowledge
• Management team for approval;
• Organizes ethical clearance for research projects in compliance With the global research standards;
• Supports the recruitment of consultant for E&R initiatives
• Develops implementation plan for evaluation initiatives
• Provides input and quality control for E&R data collection tools as well as quantitative and qualitative data analysis;
• Supports/leads the implementation of E&R projects including baseline studies;
• Reviews evaluation and research reports and gives recommendations regarding approval to programme management;
• Leads the implementation of internal evaluation and action research initiatives, including the design of tools;
• Leads post-intervention studies:
• Leads the Annual Participatory Progress Review in the country (TOR and budget development organisation of data collection and workshops of the APPR process).
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Demography, Statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation,Development Studies, Development Planning, Social Sciences or other relevant field; (Master's Degree preferred);
• At least 5 years of progressive experience in evaluation and research of international development projects, preferably in education, health, child protection and household economic security, Disaster Risk Management and gender;
• Skills in developing and managing qualitative and quantitative data collection;
• Strong analytical skills and ability to translate key findings into concrete programmatic recommendations;
• Good presentation skills;
• Good written and spoken English;
• Skills in using Microsoft Excel and other software applications relevant to MER (e.g. MAXQDA, SPSS, epi-info, CSPro or similar)
Requirement for the Position:
• Fulfills Plan's Child Protection Policy to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
• Maintains gender sensitivity at all times.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to addition to the email address provided below, not later than 13th November, 2015:
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of job responsibilities with a cover letter
• Certifies photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualification
• Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related)
• Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail address
Plan International Ghana Country
Office, No 10 Yiyiwa Street
27 November, 2015
Only shortlisted candidates would ne contacted
Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply