A reputable faith-based organisation seek for immediate employment an enthusiastic, God fearing , self motivated, detail oriented and well composed young person driven by the desire to support the work of God as Executive Assistant.
Responsible to the President
• The President needs the best help available to stay organised. The position plays an important role in keeping the office of the President running smoothly.
• The incumbent must be skilled, flexibility along with the abilities to be multi-task, meet deadlines, work as part of a team and should posses be tenacity to work under pressure.
• This position is highly accountable and responsible for safeguarding confidential information.
• Familiarity with computers and common MS applications are necessary to man the office.
• The incumbent should have well-developed communications and reading skills and technically knowledgeable about administrative work; classification and filing of documents and timely dissemination of information, assist with arranging schedules for the President.
• Daily tasks may include but not limited to screening and prioritising mail and managing visitors and phone calls to the Office of the President, researching and writing memos, maintaining executive calendars and meeting agendas, prepare materials used in executive presentations and make travel arrangements for and on behalf of the President.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manages the day-to-day administrative affairs of the president’s office, scheduling all appointments, conferences and speaking engagements and other commitments; handles changes or cancellations as deemed necessary and/or appropriate. Provides the president with background information, meeting summaries and/or supporting documents in preparation for scheduled appointments, meeting, and speaking engagements; coordinates with other departments as necessary for speeches and communications for preparation of specific engagements and maintains and tracks detailed priority list of projects and engagements
• Maintains an efficient flow of information including internal and external contacts on a wide spectrum of meetings priorities;
• Screens incoming calls to the President, determining nature of call and whether or not it requires the attention of the president, takes messages and maintains contact lists, and whenever possible responds to caller directly based on knowledge of President’s preferences, office functions, priorities and availability or makes sure the caller receives appropriate transfer to another department;
• Processes all incoming correspondence received in the office of the President, prioritizing and determining its disposition. Directs mail to appropriate internal staff with instructions and/or suggestions for preparation of a reply. Determines which correspondence can be handled by self and takes initiative in drafting responses for the President’s signature based on knowledge of his activities, interests, priorities, and issues. Follows same procedures for electronic mail;
• Reviews, proofreads, and formats all correspondence prepared for the President’s signature to ensure accuracy and completeness, as well as consistency with standards and exercises good judgment in following up with staff to ensure deadlines are met on documents requiring the President’s signature;
• Handles confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact, and diplomacy;
• Schedules and organizes all activities such as meetings, travel, car services, and association activities for the President;
• Greets and manages all visiting members and guests and handles all of their needs for the duration of their stay;
• Produces meeting summaries and maintains and tracks President’s priority lists of projects and other board memberships and responsibilities;
• Serves as a liaison with other departments and branches of the church, affiliate organizations, government offices and other agencies;
• Arranges, in conjunction with other departments, special events requiring the President to attend;
• Liaison with other departmental executive assistants for communication, fostering of good working relationships, problem solving, information sharing. Work with executive assistants to develop and maintain correspondence guidelines and advise all support staff on proper correspondence processes and procedures;
• Performs other duties as may be required.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of a degree in Administration, Management and Secretarial, or Social Science related
• Must at least have not less than three (3) years experience in a similar role
• Must be living in or immediate environment of Tema
• Aged between 25 – 35 years
• A masters degree is an added advantage
• A good background in research
• Expert proficiency with Ms Office i.e. word processing, Spreadsheets and PowerPoint, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• ability to anticipate needs, think critically and offer solutions to problems
• This position requires a high level of discretion, tact, judgment, and poise and must have a solid aptitude for customer service.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons who can demonstrate the ability to meet the job requirement above should forward their CVs to the email:-
16 October, 2015