Legal Aid Commission, a reputable government institution, invites interested persons to apply for the following position: Executive Director JOB PURPOSE
• To provide strategic leadership, technical and administrative direction for the achievement of the mandate of the Commission. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Initiates action for the formulation of policies.
• Ensures the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities of the Commission.
• Serves as a member to the Governing Board.
• Exercises oversight responsibility for the efficient and effective management of the human, material and financial resources of the Commission.
• Ensures the development of a system for participation of a paralegal in legal aid delivery.
• Represents the Commission on related international bodies/agencies.
• Ensures the development of the strategic plan of the Commission.
• Ensures the availability of appropriate internal structures, controls, management and decision-making systems and processes for the Commission.
• Initiates action for the mobilisation of funds from development partners and other stakeholders for the Commission.
• Ensures the preparation of the annual and other periodic reports of the Commission.
• Builds and manages an effective and dedicated inclusive work environment
• Collaborates and builds relationships with Government, Public and Private sector partners and other stakeholders, both national and international, in carrying out the Commission’s mandate.
• Signs and seals contractual agreements between individuals or groups of persons and the Commission
• Ensures the preparation of the budget and work plans of the Commission.
• Ensures the implementation of the Performance Management System within the Commission.
• Supervises and appraises the performance of subordinate staff. . Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Law from an accredited tertiary institution.
• Must have been called to the Ghana Bar.
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years post-Bachelor’s Degree relevant work experience, five (5) years of which must be in a senior management position.
• Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Public Services Commission in consultation with the Legal Aid Commission. COMPETENCIES
• Good research, analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of project and programmes management
• Ability to lead strategic management and change management
• Good leadership, management and networking
• Good monitoring and evaluation skills
• Technical and innovative skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Negotiation, lobbying and conflict management skills
• Ability to inspire and motivate
• Good knowledge of financial management laws and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of labour laws and regulations
• Good knowledge in relevant IT applications
• Excellent knowledge of Ghana’s legal system and its operation
• Excellent knowledge of international conventions and treaties on human rights and civil liberties
• Excellent knowledge of criminal justice system
• Proven Integrity and good ethical standards
• Excellent report writing skills
• A person eligible to serve not more than five (5) years before retirement. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are to submit application letters with current CVs, including names and addresses of three referees and copies of certificates to: Head of Administration P. O. Box 18342 Accra.
All softcopies of applications, CVs and certificates should be sent to: [email protected] Closing Date:
19 August, 2022