• Ghana Integrity Initiative (GII), the leading anti-corruption civil Society Organisation in Ghana and the Ghana chapter of Transparency International, has launched a search for an Executive Director to replace the current one who is due for retirement in December.
• The position demands an individual with an understanding and knowledge of governance and anti-corruption issues, coalition building, research and policy advocacy, partnership development and fundraising, to promote transparency and accountability issues both at the national, regional and global level.
• The position also demands an individual who has publicly not engaged in partisan politics and/or holds an Executive position in a political party.
• The Executive Director is the administrative head of the GII Secretariat and is responsible to the GII Board, Duties & Responsibilities:
The Executive Director shall be responsible for:
• Developing GII's policy and agenda to shape and influence national, international, and multinational policies on the connections between corruption and development agendas;
• Building partnerships and collaborating with institutions that can help address the destabilising impact of corruption on the well being of people;
• Representing GII in forums and building partnerships needed to advance its agenda as well as working to secure broad buy-in transparency and accountability;
• Developing and maintaining relationships with key goals and objectives and influencing policy decisions by the government and other key stakeholders;
• Efficiently and effectively managing the human and material resources of GII;
• Developing and implementing fundraising strategies to mobilise resources to meet funding requirements of programmes and administration to ensure the realisation of GII's mission statement and objectives;
• Serving as Secretary to the Board of Directors and ensuring that GII fulfills its legal obligations under the laws of the country; Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master's degree in any of the following fields: Law, Governance, International Development, the Social and Management Sciences and Media.
• A continuous working experience in management/leadership 2 level positions, preferably with five years in a governance-related CSO;
• At least 5 enhance research and advocacy, capacity building, and policy reforms.
• A strong background working on transparency and anti-corruption issues
• Proven experience in engaging with and influencing governments, policy institutions and other key players in governance policies and legislation;
• Strong executive-level financial management experience, including demonstrated experience of successfully managing and leading teams, fundraising and understanding financial reports; Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the national and global development agenda and the role of anti-corruption and good governance in that agenda.
• Networking abilities, especially with local and national civil society organisations, bilateral and multilateral institutions, including regional and sub-regional groups.
• Ability to lead, engage, and collaborate with individuals across various disciplines, cultures and backgrounds, especially staff members, to achieve shared goals.
• Ability to conceptualise, develop and implement programmes designed to influence and persuade in a non-confrontational manner.
• Ability to utilise strong analytical, critical decision-making and strategic planning skills.
• Ability to fundraise for civil society programmes and administration;
• Strong interpersonal skills, presence and ability to effectively build strong relationships both internally and externally to the organisation
• A reputation for high ethical standards and integrity.
• Be computer literate Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should send their curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter to: The Executive Director Ghana Integrity Initiative, P.M.B. ct 317, Cantoments, House No.21 Abelenkpe Road, Abelenkpe Accra.
OR [email protected]
Indicate: SEARCH IDR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
" on your letter or e-mail
All applications dispatched after 5.00 p.m. (Ghana time) on October 16, 2015 shall not be entertained. Closing Date:
16 October, 2015