Eusbett Hotel is the only 3 star hotel in the Brong Ahafo region and currently operates 112 guest rooms and 5 conference halls. The CIMG Hospitality Facility of the Year (2006) is currently at advanced stages of constructing what would become the biggest conference centre in any hotel in Ghana. Eusbett Hotel as part its expansion drive and quest to upgrade to a 4 Star hotel requires the services of an experienced professional to fill the following managerial position: Job Summary:
Responsible for the overall housekeeping and cleanliness of the hotel, including guest rooms, public areas and the laundry.Major responsibilities include ensuring guests are satisfied with hotel cleanliness, responding to guest needs, ensuring safety and security of rooms, maintaining inventory and cost controls, recommending for selecting, training, maintaining and managing a motivated and skilled work force.
Establishes a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality and provides exemplary performance for the staff to follow. Housekeeping Operations
• ?Maintains Brand cleanliness standards for both rooms and public areas and inspects them to ensure that standards are met.
• Trains staff in all aspects of housekeeping, including guest service.
• Administers guest satisfaction inspection procedures and reports.
• Maintains key control and lost-and-found, and ensures staff is trained to follow correct procedures for both.
• Plans work schedules and room assignments with minimum disruption to guests.
• Empowers hotel staff to deliver great guest service by encouraging responsiveness to guest needs.
• Meets or exceeds hotel guest satisfaction measures.
• Ensures hotel standard and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
• Maintain clear and efficient communication and coordination with the Front Office and other departments of the hotel.
• Supervise and conduct daily detailed inspection of guest rooms, public areas, Back of the house and outside of the hotel
• To attract, motivate and retain staff.
• Provide leadership support and is readily accessible to staff
• Ensures compliance with the hotel’s Standards of Excellence, health/sanitation standards and regulations
• Meet standards and requirements of government regulatory bodies
• Ensure that Room Linen/terry, guest clothing and staff uniforms are correctly processed and returned in a timely manner.
• Conduct daily briefing sessions/meetings with all housekeeping staff at 0730 hours GMT
• Take inventory and custody of all hotel linen ensuring their safety, good conditioning and proper usage Guest Service
• Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel.
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding promptly to guest needs with an interest and concern in satisfying every guest.
• Ensures hotel staff, including all new hires, knows all components of guest service guarantee and are trained to meet service standards.
• Develops added value customer service programs regarding housekeeping services.
• Can communicate to guests about hotel promotions, local attractions and points of interest.
• Ensures employees know policies, pay procedures, bonus plans, and benefits.
• Helps to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
• Uses ongoing safety training to minimize workers’ compensation claims.
• Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels. Human Resources Management
• ?Assist in managing human resources functions, including recruiting, selecting, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluating and pay/reward programs to maintain a skilled, qualified work force.
• Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
• Emphasizes training and development as a way of doing business to empower employees to provide excellent guest service.
• Assists in administrating personnel policies fairly and consistently.
• Resolves employee grievances in a fair and timely way.
• Ensures housekeepers know responsibilities and manage against those
• responsibilities. Finance
• Manage operating expenses to minimize costs while still maintaining excellent guest services.
• Assist with budgeting, forecasting and financial planning of the department.
• Assist with scheduling and payroll cost controls, such as edit daily employee time card and enter employee schedule
• Anticipates revenue/cost problems in department.
• Track financial and operating information on ongoing basis to adjust plans, labor and other costs.
• Produces accurate financial reports on time.
• Make requisition for cleaning supplies, linens and chemicals at the best prices.
• Maintain inventory of supplies and ensures staff follows proper inventory/cost control procedures. Safety and Security
• Understands “Right to Know” laws, which apply to housekeeping supplies and chemicals.
• Recognizes and corrects conditions which may create security, fire or accident hazards.
• Understands and implements hotel’s control system Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree, HND or Diploma in a relevant field
• Experience in a supervisory or similar role in at least a 3 Star hotel
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial approach to business
• Must be results-oriented and versatile
• Must have strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be a team player with proven abilities to excel in dynamic competitive environments
• Must have strong integrity Reporting to:
General Manager Location:
Sunyani (Accommodation shall be provided) How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their CVs to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
31 August, 2014