AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Fabricator - Process Plant. ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Fabricator – Process Plant reports to the Mechanical Supervisor – Process Plant and is accountable for welding and fabrication activities (across all shifts) that contribute boilermaking activities to refurbishment, maintenance and repair of the processing plant in a safe and compliant manner as instructed during refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Process Plant. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
• Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
• Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
• Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
• Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required
• Execute boilermaking fabrication trade contribution to refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked - compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
• If expedient, provide detailed movement signals to crane operators for machine/equipment locating
• Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
• Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
• Recognize any machine, equipment or crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
• Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
• Carry out work cost effectively
• Execute work in a timely manner
• Operate all equipment within the safe working environment. For cranes, respect load movement and give correct instructions (to Rigger) for the Crane Operator and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
• Stop equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary education level
• Certificate of successful completion of respected fabrication, welding or boilermaking trade apprenticeship (example: City and Guilds) Experience
• Five (5) years of experience of post apprenticeship work in a fabrication trade
• Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
• Wide fabrication experience Technical Competencies
• Fully literate and numerate
• Fully competent in mechanical trade
• Knowledge in crane safe operation Location:
Obuasi How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
19 June, 2020