Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy. Job Title:
Facilities Manager SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To manage the maintenance of all hospital facilities, utilities, equipment, motor vehicles in the most cost efficient and effective manner with least down time and within approved budgets. Note: The term “equipment” refers to all fixed and movable assets as may require maintenance of any form RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Oversee the Clinical engineering and general engineering divisions of the hospital
• Maintain a formal register of all equipment
• Develop and implement a Planned Maintenance programme for each item of equipment and maintain detailed records.( Mechanical, electrical, clinical, fire, service departments)
• Record all expenditure incurred on equipment for reference, future budgeting and control purposes
• Implement and maintain a Maintenance Requisitioning (MR) system to facilitate and effectively manage work request and actioning process.
• Report monthly on all activities carried out
• Staff management in terms of job scheduling, work quality, training, time and attendance etc.
• Set clear policies and ground rules such as the level of quality expected and monitor each job.
• Manage external contractors ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Stock management in accordance with purchasing policies and procedure
• Carry out regular audits with regard to occupational Health and Safety not only as required under OCHSA but for quality management purposes as well
• Preparation of annual budgets in conjunction with CEO/Financial Manager.
• Monthly management reports of performance against approved budget highlighting key variances
• Available after hours for emergency call out Qualification Required & Experience
• WASSCE/SSCE or equivalent
• Degree/Diploma in mechanical / electrical heavy current engineering
• A management qualification or project management qualification would be an advantage
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in maintenance in a healthcare setting preferably private
• Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation and requirements
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Scheduling software)
• Ability to engage various stakeholders and must be able to deliver exceptional customer service.
• Leadership skills
• Problem solving ability
• Time management skills
• Adaptability and change management skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
11 January, 2021