(Matrix Innovation Ltd) Nirvana Plantation Limited is seeking to recruit a Farm Manager. Position Description:
• The role of Senior Farm Supervisor is to oversee and supervise farm operations such as crop cultivation, fruit, and vegetable production and other agricultural enterprises. The Farm Supervisor is responsible for supervising farm hands; therefore, leadership skills are highly beneficial. Main Duties and Tasks:
• Recruit, train and supervise farm workers – Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members. Co-ordinate, assign and supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting laborers and direct their activities.
• Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
• Develop work schedules and establish procedures – Monitoring staff rosters, hours, performance and resolving any grievances.
• Analysing existing operations, crops, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
• Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understand expectations.
• Supervise maintenance of infrastructure, equipment, and supplies –
Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery, inspect farm buildings and equipment, ensuring routine maintenance is carried out and repairs are made when necessary.
• Ensure farm safety, food safety and security and bio-security procedures are followed –Ensure and enforce compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards.
• Maintain quality control and production records – Supervise, monitor, and enforce procedures to maintain crop health and welfare.
• Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops and perform tests on soil and water
• Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
• Supervise and oversee crop- breeding programs
• Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
• Installation, maintenance, and regular monitoring of irrigation system
• Supervise a wide range of farm operations including cultivation, sowing, spraying, and harvesting
• Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
• May perform general farm duties. Qualification Required & Experience
• Candidate must have a B.Sc. degree in agriculture or Diploma In agriculture with a minimum of 4-10 years practical experience in farming. Salary:
Attractive with fringe benefits Location:
Somanya How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send their cover letters and a CVs to: [email protected] Closing Date:
03 April 2022