AKRO-FARMS is looking for an experienced person for the position of FARM MANAGER.The person MUST be living or willing to live in Adawso near Koforidua or towns around these areas.
'On-call' work may be required, because feeding equipment is in continual 24-hour operation.
• Advices Service Technician about production requirements and to discuss condition of equipment and status of supplies.
• Assigns workers to duties such as collecting, cleaning and sanitizing eggs and feeding and vaccinating chicken, and cleaning and disinfecting the all farm houses.
• Directs maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment such as brooder houses, layer house, hatchery, breeding house, automatic feeders, waters, and layer nests.
• Inspects quality of litter, shavings and nests in all the farmhouse
• Participates in work activities to expedite work load.
• Adjusts control program as required and monitors ventilation of houses on the farms;
• Administers medications and vaccinations
• Insures bio security measures are in place and followed.
• Ensures that egg and egg room sanitation procedures are followed.
• Accountable for implementing a rodent and vector control program on the farm;
• Prepares egg production, feed consumption and chicken mortality reports
• Maintain accurate daily records regarding bag ingredient and production material/equipment
deliveries and bag feed production, inventory, and loading
• Inspect and monitor feed quality, weight, and packaging
• Direct the Hatchery to produce the highest quality chicks at the highest percentage hatch rate possible for the lowest cost
• Ensures completion of all quality assurance checks for the following: chick quality, vaccination checks, equipment checks, and maintenance work.
• Follow Veterinary regulations as well as environmental regulations
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc. (Agriculture) Degree- Animal science Option or MSC in Agriculture with more than 4 years experience poultry production
• MANAGING PEOPLE
-Ability to motivate, coach, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
• PROBLEM SOLVING
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• ORAL & WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- Listens, gets clarification, interpret written information
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials proper
Adawso near Koforidua
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified persons should send their CV to:
Please type in FARM MANAGER
the subject line of the email.
23 July, 2019
Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted