• Access Transmission High and low level Design
• Transmission Network Evolution and Optimization
• Ensure all sites are designed in accordance with Vodafone Ghana specifications.
• Accurate Reporting
• Allocation & effective management of day to day work.
• Data integrity of all Planned Nominal Sites
• Primary point of contact for all Transmission design related issues. Person Specification:
• Ideally educated to degree level within Telecommunications, Electrical/Electronic or Physics discipline.
• Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Optical transmission planning and network optimisation with emphasis on SDH, DWDM and OTN networks, solid knowledge of GPON (or EPON), and IP network.
• Proficient with microwave and fiber link network design & operational theory, telecoms principles.
• Conversant with ITU recommendations relevant to microwave/fibre network design
• Proficient in fibre optic wavelength assignment and management.
• Experience with Huawei and Alcatel Lucent optical transmission equipment and Huawei GPON product portfolios.
• Knowledge of the concept and design of network supervisory systems - DCN.
• Use and maintenance of CONNECT microwave planning tool.
• Knowledge in the use and maintenance of Fibre network maintenance tools, i.e. OTDR, splicing kits, VFL, etc
• User experience for Visio/AutoCAD/GIS tools is desired.
• Production of Transmission engineering reports using MS Excel, MS Access, MapInfo and SQL.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills (written and verbal)
• Proficient in use of MS Office tools (particularly Word, Excel, Access) Location:
Upper East How To Apply For The Job
Visit our website below to apply: http://careers.vodafone.com.gh/Careers/List/Fibre-Systems-Engineer-%281%29.aspx