Orcas Global is an indigenous business organization established to provide innovative and environmentally friendly business products and services that address very unique socio-economic and environmental challenges in Ghana and Africa at large. We provide products and services in the agriculture, and Entrepreneurial Development.
The Chief Executive Officer
• The Field Officer will work under the supervision and guidance of the Project Coordinator.
• She/he will be the principal representative of executing Field activities at field level and will report to the Project Coordinator.
• The major role of the Field Officer will be to establish strong coordination and linkages amongst all the major stakeholders in the field and at the Company level, to ensure that program activities are implemented successfully.
• The Field officer will each be responsible for managing the field-level program implementation and the achievement of the field level outputs. The specific responsibilities of the Field Officer will include the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Mobilize and sensitize communities on key project strategies to ensure community ownership of projects
• Work closely with Project Coordinator in the implementation of key project components at the community levels
• Coordinate and or lead step down training of community-based agents in the implementation of Project activities
• Provide regular feedback to Programs Manager via Project coordinator, point persons of implementing partners and ensure proper project tracking, record keeping as well as field level documentation of project activities
• Compile project reports highlighting project impact against indicators.
• As delegated by the component specialists, liaise with project staff, partner staff document and share lessons learned, experience and human interest stories related to project activities.
• Conduct any other programming responsibility delegated by the Project Coordinator
• Implement the project activities within his/her respective area of responsibility as per the annual work plan and budget.
• Ensure that the implementation of work plan is consistent with the envisaged outputs and objectives of the project document.
• Maintain close coordination/linkages with targeted District line agencies, local bodies, I/NGOs and projects within the project area and keep them fully informed of the project activities.
Project Implementation and Management
• Collaborate with project implementing partners and the target communities to undertake all activities aimed at enhancing the achievement of project strategic objectives
• Support the capacity building programs for all community members in all the project strategies as outlined in the technical narrative of the project document
• In collaboration with the Partners , and the Community Based Agents to facilitate data gathering, analysis and reporting based on standard scientific processes and methods
• In collaboration with the component specialists to identify and promptly resolve all trouble-shooting issues as they arise within the team and work on team building and team communication
• Create awareness and sensitize farmers on VSLA as a means for self-financing of agriculture activities.
• Establish VSLAs in the project operational districts.
• Promote crop insurance and subscribe farmers in the VSLAs to the policy.
• Engage in periodic team meetings to discuss progress.
• Maintain records of all events, minutes of meetings held and ensure these are shared to your assigned superior.
• Participate in the review of data collected from the field and any planned assessments and reviews for the programme.
• Lead in managing and resolving day-to-day project related challenges or issues affecting farmers
• Conduct livelihood related activities with Farmers
• Carry out any other duties/assignments as shall from time to time be directed by the Chief Executive Officer and any of his officers
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum certificate in agriculture extension, community development, or HND in marketing.
• Experience in mobilizing communities, community leaders and young people to participate in programmes.
• Experience in working with farmers living in rural / urban areas.
• Strong facilitation skills
• Good report writing skills
• Knowledge and familiarity with data collection tools and techniques
• Preparedness to work in a rural setting
• Strong problem solving skills appropriate for farmers
• Computer literacy; (word, excel, power point)
• Ability to motivate, support, or work with a team
• Ability to plan/schedule work activities independently, with minimum supervision.
• Ability to ride a motorbike
Very Attractive and based on experience
Northern Ghana – Specifically; Tolon, & Kumbungu
How To Apply For The Job
Apply by sending your CV, Cover letter, Certificates and other relevant documents to:
Kindly indicate the position you are applying for on the Subject of the email you are sending.
10 January, 2020
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted