: Field Technician REPORT TO:
Technical Manager Role Summary
• You will be required to enhance customer loyalty, optimize customer retention, and increase profitability through service performance and supervision. As a field service technician, you will travel to work on sites and facilities of our clients to conduct supervision on projects, maintenance, repairs, and inspections of installations. Key Tasks
• Responsible for providing backend support for field engineers.
• Cost estimating and developing of budget.
• Managing reports and necessary documentation
• Ensuring timelines are met, according to agreed standard and budget
• Monitoring and providing feedback on day-to-day performance of projects
• Travel to sites to oversee all on-site installation, repair, servicing, and testing activities by contractors.
• Ascertain that all installations and facilities rendered by our contractors are consistent with applicable regulations.
• Inspect and ensure hand tools, power tools and machine tools used by installers/contractors are in good condition. Power and machine tools should be of three wire (live, Neutral and earth) or two wire with class II protection. Power cables with insulation damage should be discarded.
• Ensure installers/Contractors wear the right PPEs (engineers/technicians working gear - reflectors, safety boots, googles, gloves, etc.) at all times.
• Maintains product and company reputation by ensuring contractors are complying with state or statutory regulations and safety protocols.
• Produce detailed technical report on all activities at client sites.
• Perform first level fault/error
• Service and maintain electrical/mechanical systems when necessary
• Build positive relationships with contractors/installers/clients
• Interpret engineering drawings/schematics/blueprints to contractors when necessary.
• Support technical manager as and when necessary.
• Should be available to travel Expected Results (Key Performance Indicators, KPIs)
(What is the position's planned contribution? What are the key priorities and projected outcomes in relation to those goals?)
• First-Time Fix Rate:
Resolve client issues within the shortest possible. The First-Time Fix Rate for new clients should be as short as possible in order to help drive customer satisfaction.
• Service Delivery Metrics:
Streamlined supervision procedures in order to minimize the number of steps taken to address a client problem, lowering the likelihood of delays and bottlenecks. Time-to-resolution, downtime, on-field operative travel time, and repair times are among these indicators.
• Percentage of Billable Hours:
Strategize in order to reduce the time that a contactor spends on billable activity at a client site.
• Invoiced to Completed Job Percentage:
Collaborate with other departments/sections of the company to ensure that completed jobs are invoiced by contractor(s) to the company and from Company to our clients.
• Customer Satisfaction:
Together with contractors, ensure all jobs are delivered with the highest professionalism SKILLS
• Excellent Knowledge of technical systems
• In depth knowledge of mechanics electrics and electronics
• In depth knowledge of elevators, genset, Air Conditions and solar
• Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams, mechanical plans and drawings
• Ability to interpret electrical schematic diagrams, mechanical designs and civil works.
• Ability to use portable tools including power tools.
• Must pay attention to details
• Problem solving skills
• Must be a team player Qualification Required & Experience
• Should have a minimum HND in related field (Mechanical Engineering)
• Should have a minimum of 3 years work experience
• Should own a valid driver's license NB:
You will be required to perform any other task as assigned by the General Manager Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their CVs to: [email protected] Closing Date:
02 March, 2022