Founded in 2001, the Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES-Ghana) brings together innovative and energetic young professionals who work with relevant stakeholders to lay the foundation for the promotion of a sustainable and productive future for the youth in Ghana. At YES-Ghana, we work to realize a vision: a world where every young person has a real chance to benefit from and participate in the development processes at local, national and international levels. Our mission is to promote policies and develop initiatives that help youth succeed in becoming life-long learners, productive members of society, materially sufficient, and self-respecting citizens. Our core areas of competency include youth employment and entrepreneurship; youth leadership and capacity development; youth policy and advocacy; youth participation and active citizenship. YES-Ghana operates as a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation incorporated according to the laws of Ghana. For more information on YES-Ghana, see www.yesghana.org
• Reporting to:
Finance & Admin Manager
• Duration of Contract:
One year (renewable)
• Type of Contract:
The Finance & Administration Associate will support the implementation of operational strategies, effective and efficient functioning of the administrative and logistical function of the organisation, office assets management and inventory, knowledge building and sharing, among others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures full compliance of administrative activities with the organisation’s rules, regulations, policies and strategies
• Provides inputs to the organisation’s administrative business processes and results-oriented work plans
• Follows up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordinates collection and submission of reports
• Supports the timely financial control, monitoring and reporting of office operations across all projects
• Supports the organisation’s procurement processes
• Arranges travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorisations, processes requests for visas, and other documents
• Provides administrative and finance support to conferences, workshops, retreats
• Supervises office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution
• Maintains modern filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
• Assists in the preparation of budget, allotment requests and provision of information for audit
• Maintains records on assets management and prepares reports
• Maintains files and records relevant to office maintenance
• Provides support for maintenance of office premises
• Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing activities of the organisation
• Performs other duties as requested by Supervisors.
Salary & conditions:
Negotiable, with benefits
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or HND in a relevant field
• At least 2 years post qualification experience in administration or finance support service in a corporate environment
• Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
• Possesses basic knowledge of organisational policies and procedures relating to the position
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages
• High integrity and strong attention to detail.
• Proven ability to establish priorities and to plan, organise, coordinate and monitor own work plan and provide advice and supervision to others.
• Resourcefulness, sound judgment and decision-making skills. Demonstrated sound judgment in resolving issues/problems.
• Excellent and effective communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with staff, project participants and partners, as well as others in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• High level of professional, people management and human relations skills.
• Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
• Professional and independent working style, highly motivated and well-organised with the ability to work manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
• Professional demeanour.
• Able to present a professional image of the organisation at all
How To Apply For The Job
Please submit a one-page motivation letter and a recent CV bearing your contact details and two references to:-
Be sure to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role. Due to capacity constraints, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
15 November, 2015