• DFID Ghana Team:
Strategy, Results and Transparency Team (STaRT)
• Reporting to:
STaRT Deputy Head and Team Leader
• Salary: Starting from GHS 52,076
Purpose of Job
To support the delivery of quality assurance, to the Deputy Head and Head of Office, on the department’s financial position and current performance in order to take effective action on a timely basis. The role will be crucial in embedding high quality financial management throughout the operational business.
Specific duties are as follows
• To lead in the consolidation, extraction and quality assurance of key financial information, particularly around budgets, forecasts and expenditure, and be responsible for the provision and initial analysis of key financial information.
• To provide regular support to programme staff and other non-finance staff and spenders, promoting and supporting the core finance competencies of all staff within the department.
• Facilitating regular challenge meetings with Programme Managers and spenders to further promote accountability, Value for Money and enhanced financial understanding at all levels.
• Coordination of, and quality assurance over, corporate requests including, for example, year end and interim accounting packs, local large cash payment forecasting, budget transfers and consultancy expenditure.
• Assist in resource budget bids and adjustments, appreciating the link between resource allocations and results delivery.
• Consolidation, testing and calculation of key accounting adjustments, including, for example, accruals, prepayments and provisions.
• Delivery of finance training on finance principles, their practical application, and the dissemination of key corporate messages, including new and current business rules, policies and guidance.
• Contribute to the continual improvement of internal control environment to ensure its robustness and the development and promotion of wider best practice with regards to finance activities for non-finance staff.
• Support raising awareness on counter fraud, corruption and leakage risks, including the interpretation of the due diligence framework.
• Contribute to the effective preparation for audit and compliance visits, assisting in the delivery of audit recommendations and driving improvements as appropriate.
Qualification Required & Experience
The role would suit candidates who are:
• Fully or part qualified under one of the main five Consultative Committees of Accounting Bodies i.e. ACCA; CIPFA; ICAEW; ICAI or ICAS, or CIMA, or international equivalent qualification.
• Have undergone a period of equivalent structured accounting training and accreditation in a specialist area of accounting and finance (e.g. Auditing, financial management).
• Has relevant experience in a finance position and can provide clear evidence of the technical knowledge required to perform the role.
• Experience in Audit and Accountancy would be desirable.
• Experience in applying resource accounting principles would be welcome but not necessary.
• Strong people and team-working skills and ability to work in a larger team.
• Strong ability to interrogate finance data and performance i.e. identification of issues and proposing solutions and presenting options to senior management.
• Strong numerical skills with ability to create excel and power point graphs to present financial reports.
• Excellent spoken and written English skills and able to clearly draft and present financial reports to the senior management team.
• Proficiency in the use of essential computer software, particularly Excel and Word and ability to develop competence in using DFID’s corporate IT systems to carry out financial management tasks.
• Delivering Value for Money: Level III
• Leading and Communicating: Level III
• Delivering at Pac: Level III
• Achieving Commercial Outcomes: Level III
• Making Effective Decisions: Level III
• Changing and Improving: Level III
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should request the Application form from:-
and after completion email it back with their CV, clearly marked “Finance Analyst- Ghana” in the subject line
21 October, 2015
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks after the closing date for applications, presume your application as unsuccessful.