Local Individual Contract Contract level:
LICA-8 Contract duration:
1 year (Extendable) Vacancy code:
VA/2015/B5314/7666 Functional Responsibilities:
• Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Head of Support Services, the Finance Analyst analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex financial issues in the Operations Hub; he/she ensures effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services. The Finance Analyst promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNOPS rules and regulations.
• The Finance Analyst leads and supervises staff of the finance unit and works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, and project teams in the Operations Hub, UNOPS HQ staff and Government officials ensuring successful delivery of financial services. Summary of Key Functions:
• Implementation of operational strategies
• Budget preparation, monitoring and control
• Operations Hub cash management and treasury
• Control of Operations Hub accounts. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or similar is required. Alternatively specialized technical training, specific skills or technologies may also be accepted with an additional two years of experience.
• A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance or related capacity.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages would be an asset. Language:
Fluency in both written and oral English required. Competencies:
• Knowledge Management and Learning
• Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All candidates are requested to submit their application online, through the below mentioned website and following the instruction included in the relevant Vacancy announcements (see below Ref aside of each post). Click Here To Apply Online
No paper application or any other means of transmission will be accepted. Additional Considerations:
• Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET)
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
• The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS. Closing Date:
10 June, 2015