The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Finance and Administration Assistant to support the financial and administrative management of the Generating Revenues & Opportunities for Women to Improve Nutrition in Ghana (GROWING) project in Tamale, Ghana. The Position:
This position will be hosted by the International Water Management Institute in Ghana, on behalf of the International Potato Center. The selected candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana and will report to the Officer – Finance and Administration. Key Responsibilities: Finance
• Control petty cash to ensure a proper reimbursement
• Checks appropriateness of payment supporting documents; checks the availability of funds before effective payment.
• Ensures the full recording and completeness of transactions in USD and Local Currency.
• Accomplishes monthly cash position report and submit to the supervisor and HQ
• Preparation of Monthly Bank reconciliation and General ledger accounts reconciliation
• Facilitates annual internal audit requirements.
• Support with the administration the process accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure a correct accounting.
• Monitor the division files for contracts, grants and agreements to guarantee the respect agreements to the organization.
• Realize accounting and financial tasks to contribute with the production of finance and account reports. Administration
• Support and help coordinate fleet Management, including vehicle log review and reconciliation with user signatures, fuel purchased, vehicle maintenance, mileage calculation/verification and donor vehicle and fuel use.
• Tags or Marks fixed assets upon receipts of the fixed assets purchased and before deploying the assets in a fixed asset register. Support yearly fixed asset inventory
• Support in Office Management, IT and office security in liaison with the country Finance and Admin Officer and Risk safety and security Officer in HQ. Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and Economics.
• 1 year of professional experience in accounting preferably in a non-profit environment.
• Proficiency in accounting skills
• Advanced skills in utilizing Excel
• Knowledge of local tax regulations and labor law
• Accounting techniques and trends.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills Desirable
• Accounting software packages.
• Strong communication and English writing skills Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
• CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
• CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources. What are we offering?
• Compensation package commensurate with experience.
• This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Ghana nationals and permanent residents only. The contract will be for an initial period of (03) three years (with a 6-month probation period).
Renewal is dependent on performance and availability of funds.
• Work in diverse workplace committed to gender equality. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online
and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on May 15, 2022 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Closing Date:
15 May, 2022