The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation. Job Summary
Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Finance and Administration (F&A) Director for the upcoming Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II - Systems Strengthening Activity. This Activity focuses on enhancing the ability of all stakeholders to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana. The RING II - Systems Strengthening activity will result in sustained improvements in the delivery of local services to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of an estimated 85,000 reproductive-aged women and children under five years old.
The position will be based in Tamale, Ghana and is contingent upon project award to Abt Associates. Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Oversees the development of administrative and operations management systems and processes required to support activity implementation, ensuring compliance with USAID and Abt policies and regulations.
• Manages implementation of financial, administrative, and HR policies and procedures that meet activity needs and corporate and client requirements.
• Oversees procurement efforts for the activity including selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of subcontractors on the activity in compliance with USAID and Abt Associates procurement regulations.
• Ensures compliance with USAID and Abt Associates policies, regulations and procedures governing the activity contract.
• Supervises institutional subcontracts and sub-agreements with assistance from the Abt Associates home office support team.
• Ensures that the budget and audit projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with USAID and Abt requirements, procedures, and practices for compliance and audits.
• Creates and maintains financial reporting and tracking systems, and provides financial performance updates on activities. Guides the administrative team on annual work planning, and ensure submission of quality operational plans, budgets, and reports.
• Oversees HR management functions including: recruitment, hiring, transition, and termination; benefits administration; performance appraisal; and ongoing performance management.
• Upholds the standards of Abt Associates to lead a high performing team and ensures strict compliance to USAID and Abt’s policies, regulations, and internal controls. Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years’ experience in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or other relevant field required. Master’s preferred.
• Experience with financial and administrative management of international development programs and other donor-funded projects in the field required; USAID F&A management experience required.
• Excellent financial management skills and knowledge of latest project management tools and computer applications such as Microsoft Office and Quickbooks.
• Supervisory and/or management work experience including: (1) direct supervision of professional and support staff; (2) quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverable; (3) contract management; and (4) ability to lead large complex programs and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.
• Experience in Ghana or similar development context, highly preferred.
• Ability to advise teams on new approaches that sustain and/or improve project delivery.
• Ability to sustain timeliness of program delivery amidst adaptations from changing operational demands and client feedback.
• Ability to set priorities and multi-task.
• Strong analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent written and spoken English communications skills.
• Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Experience
• Master’s degree and 8-10 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates may send their CV and cover letter to:
Please include the position title and "Ghana RING II" in the subject line of the email. One email per position application. [email protected] Closing Date:
22 January, 2021