The Swiss Red Cross, or SRC, is the national Red Cross society for Switzerland. It was SRC was founded in 1866 in Bern, Switzerland. The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is the largest and most important humanitarian organization in Switzerland. Job Title:
Finance and Administration Officer Location:
Accra Reports to:
Country Coordinator Major Duties and Responsibilities
• support the Country Coordinator in formulating a well-structured Coordination Office budget according to the standard budget template and considering the chart of accounts
• responsible for all necessary financial operations and transactions for the Coordination Office, such as the management of bank accounts, payments, etc.
• control and reconcile all working advances to staff, external parties, and partner organizations: Follow up, together with the relevant staff, clearance of outstanding working advances to partners and clear balances on a monthly basis.
• maintain an up-to-date accounting system, ensuring that all transactions are duly coded recorded and documented, and entered into the accounting system as per the organization’s policies and procedures, and the approval and authorization schedules.
• provide Country Coordinator financial analysis on budget versus actual variance proactively and systematically on a regular basis and take initiative to reconcile unsettled balance sheet positions.
• manage and organize necessary documentation for annual independent external audits for Coordination Office and prepare management responses to the auditor’s reports. Review external audit reports and proactively implement the recommendations noted as non-compliance to local laws and regulations by the external auditor
• Assess the internal control environment in place, what risk management activities have been taken and where the gaps are. This process may include (a) financial monitoring visits to project locations (b) reviews of partners’ financial systems and procedures (c) coaching and training support to project finance team members involved in spending the program funds
• Build the capacity of the finance staff of the implementing partners to ensure adherence to financial management regulations.
• Responsible for the assets management of the Coordination Office.
• Responsible for payroll preparation and management, including management of statutory deductions eg, income taxes, and social security as per local laws.
• Advise the Country Coordinator on national labor laws and regulations. Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other related fields with related professional qualification (ie. CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA) from a recognized University with at least 3 years of professional experience working in international Humanitarian & Development organization managing donor-funded projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other related fields with at least 5 years of professional experience in a similar position in the international Humanitarian & Development organization managing projects funded through international donor organizations and managing grants, audits, and financial management
• Knowledge of existing in-country accounting practices and rules, understanding of the fiscal system of the country, in particular, related to the activities of INGOs
• Excellent IT skills in particular in a computer-based double-entry accounting system, Microsoft Office Application (ie., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), etc., experience with banana is an added advantage Working Environment/Conditions
• 80% office based. 20% travel time to the field to provide support to field office/partners
The application is open to Ghanaian citizens only. Women are encouraged to apply Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (not longer than three pages) in English to: [email protected] Closing Date:
18 August, 2022