Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Creative Associates International (Creative Associates) is implementing the USAID/West Africa’s program Partnerships for Peace (P4P). The five-year program is partnering with stakeholders at the regional, national, and sub-national levels across several West African countries, to develop a shared foundational understanding of countering violent extremism (CVE) in the region. The findings will improve institutional capacity of organizations and governments to implement more effective and coordinated CVE approaches. To lead and support the implementation of Partnerships for Peace, Creative Associates seeks to engage a highly qualified and motivated team. Position Summary
The Finance Assistant will be working under the Finance Manager to manage project expenditures and accounts. He/she will assist in applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. The Finance Assistant will also be responsible for maintaining personnel electronic leave files that inform payroll. Reporting & Supervision:
The Finance Assistant will report to the Finance Manager. Primary Responsibilities
• Assist the Finance Manager in Managing day to day finance operations, including implementing Creative and USAID policies, procedures and systems, reviewing accounts payable documents for proper accuracy and completeness, and liaising with bank on all banking issues.
• Assist Finance Manager with banking activities and writing of cheques
• Assist Finance Manager with tracking and reconciling of bank statements to cash book
• Assist Finance Manager with statutory payments (SSNIT, Tier 2, GRA etc)
• Assist Finance Manager in issuing and reconciling advances to staff and consultants
• Assist Finance Manager to prepare and submit monthly Cash Request
• Scan and upload Finance documents to SharePoint.
• Manage the process of clearing bills, payments, and vouchers from the P4P field offices; and assist in the transfer of project funds from the Regional account to field accounts.
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
• Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
• Track and file personnel leave records both manually and electronically and maintain their tracking spreadsheets accurately and verify staff’s monthly timesheets.
• Work with Program Assistants to manage field office finance
• Other tasks as assigned. Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a Degree or A Higher National Diploma (HND) - Accounting option. A professional qualification is an added advantage
• Must have at least three years of work experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or finance assistance
• Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred
• Excellent Spoken and Written English highly desired
• Good computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Ability to work under pressure in challenging working conditions
• Ability to take initiatives and be a team player Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Please send a cover letter and a CV/Resume to: [email protected]
and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject header. Closing Date:
09 September, 2020
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
• All positions are full time and require a willingness to travel.
• Creative Associates is especially interested in receiving submissions from women applicants.
• Only qualified candidates who follow the application instructions will be contacted.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.