Central University College, an accredited Christian University invites applications from suitably qualified and competent professionals to fill the following vacant position: Finance Director
The Finance Director is the Head of the Finance Directorate and reports directly to the Registrar. Key Responsibilities:
• Develop, establish and maintain effective financial strategies to meet the University's objectives.
• Ensure that proper books of accounts and records of the property of the University are kept in a manner and form required by the governing council and in accordance with International Accounting standards.
• Manage all receivables and moneys due to the University and make authorized payment on behalf of the University.
• Prepare weekly, monthly and annual financial and management report for the University.
• Maintain good working relationship with state institutions by ensuring compliance with payment of statutory obligations.
• Oversee the timely preparation and monitoring of annual budget of the University.
• Manage staff of the Finance Directorate and ensure sound performance and succession planning.
• Develop appropriate procedure manuals for the management of working capital and general financial administration at the University. Qualification Required & Experience
• Postgraduate degree in accounting, finance or a related fields.
• Be a member in good standing of a recognized professional accounting body.. ICA, ACCA, CIMA
• A minimum of ten (10) years post qualification experience as a professional accountant in a reputable tertiary institution, a practicing firm, industry, commerce or public practice.
• A good knowledge of the University or higher educational environment Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Proficient in accounting and financial administration software.
• Knowledge of International Accounting standards
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of Management and Council.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills Location:
Tema How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons with the requisite qualifications and related work experience should submit completed application forms.
• Application Letter
• Full Curriculum Vitae
Applications forms (can be obtained either by downloading from. www.central.edu.gh or from the office of the Director, Human Resource Directorate, Miotso Campus
or Call:- 0303-313185 / 0303-313180 / 0289546164
Or mail to: The Director (HRM) Central University College P.O.Box 2305 Tema
E-mail: [email protected] Closing Date:
29 February, 2016