A private hospital is looking to hire a Finance Manager to join its team. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES Purpose Statement:
• The position holder supervises the finance unit, has primary responsibility for managing the company's finances, including financial planning, management of financial risks, record-keeping, analysis of data and financial reporting.
• The post holder is accountable for initiatives and implementation of plans to maximize the use of financial resources to meet operating objectives of the business as well as ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report
accurate financial results. Principal Responsibilities Planning
• Contribute to the strategic planning process in the business and continuously ensure alignment of all initiatives to key business drivers.
• Manage the capital request and budgeting processes Operations
• Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the finances of the Company.
• Prepare accurate timely and meaningful management accounting information with published timelines.
• Coordinate the preparation of annual budgets and cash flow projections and ensure budgetary control.
• Review all receipts and disbursements, ascertain correct account distribution and ensuring all support documentation is accurate and in order
• Oversee timeliness and accuracy of billing and client payments
• Develop and maintain accounting procedures and systems for the assessment and processing of financial data to ensure effective control of the Group.
• Manage tax matters of the Company to ensure compliance with fiscal regulations and legally required financial controls.
• Support the review of employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package. Risk Management
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
• Ensure maintenance of effective controls to assure safeguarding of assets and reliability of financial statements.
• Ensure that Company assets are properly insured
• Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies Third Parties
• Maintain banking relationships
• In Liaison with the Hospital Administrator and procurement officer maintain
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendation Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business
• Chartered Accountant, ICAG/ACCA
• 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation Technical Competencies
• Experience in partnering with an executive team
• High level of written and oral communication skills
• Results-driven personality eager to partner with upper management to organize, plan and achieve company financial goals.
• Excellent knowledge of information analysis and of accounting software systems. Personal Competencies
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
• Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
• High standards of personal integrity and adherence to professional and ethical standards
• Strong time management skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Send ONLY CV to: [email protected] Closing Date:
30 June, 2021