A private Orthodontics and Dental Services company is looking to hire a Finance Manager to join its team. Purpose Statement:
• The position holder supervises the finance unit, has primary responsibility for managing the company's finances, including financial planning, management of financial risks, record-keeping, analysis of data and financial reporting. The post holder is accountable for initiatives and implementation of plans to maximize the use of financial resources to meet operating objectives of the business as well as ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Principal Responsibilities
• Ensure Finance and accounting records are maintained in compliance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and sound finance sound finance policies and procedures.
• Analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
• Ensure accurate and timely submission of monthly, quarterly and year end reports by the set date by the practice.
• Responsible for recording all financial transactions (cash, bank, MTN Momo, POS) into excel spreadsheets / accounting software to ensure timely submission of reports.
• Operate and manage petty cash for the practice
• Initiate all banking transactions in the banking platforms and manage all debit and credit cards
• Prepare and produce monthly bank reconciliation statements for all Bank accounts operated by the Practice.
• Prepare monthly salaries and fees of staff, dentists, doctors, and specialists of the practice.
• Prepare and manage a Fixed Assets Register for the practice
• Manage the practice’s capital expenditure projects and inventory including both foreign and local purchases.
• Manage debtors and follow up on outstanding payments by clients, trackclients’ payments in advance for services. Qualification and Work Experience
• Chartered Accountant, ICAG/ACCA
• 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
• Audit experience with an Audit firm is an advantage Technical Competencies
• Quality and timeliness of Annual Audited Financial accounts.
• Quality and timeliness of management reports
• Timeliness of statutory payments
• Timeliness of payroll processing
• Management of capital expenditure projects and inventory management.
• Quality of relationships with internal and external clients.
• Experience in partnering with an executive team
• High level of written and oral communication skills
• Results-driven personality eager to partner with upper management to organize, plan and achieve company financial goals.
• Excellent knowledge of information analysis and of accounting software systems. Personal Competencies
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
• Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
• High standards of personal integrity and adherence to professional and ethical standards
• Strong time management skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Send CV to: [email protected] Closing Date:
15 September, 2021