• VACANCY NOTICE NO – 33/15 ACC • POSITION: FINANCE MANAGER • SECTION: CORPORATE SERVICES • GRADE: B3 (L) • POSITION TYPE: FULL-TIME • SALARY: GHS PER MONTH Main purpose of job
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic self-starter to run the Accounts Office of the British High Commission and take day to day responsibility for the management of the budget. Alongside this you will continue to manage a change programme which is helping transfer some finance functions to regional transaction centres. The job is exciting and puts you at the heart of the High Commission. It involves regular technical accounting services, as well as demanding full compliance with accounting procedures and effective accounts management. Roles and Responsibilities
• To run the accounts services and day to day budget management of the British High Commission.
• To be in regular contact with customers, budget holders and stakeholders throughout the High Commission, as well as in London and the Regional Finance Hub in Pretoria: the accounts services are effectively a joint operation between Accra, London and Pretoria.
• You will have day-to-day responsibility for the Accra end of the operation, reporting to the Head of Corporate Services in budgeting and forecasting, and liaising with suppliers about payments.
• You will have visibility across the entire High Commission, so will have an interest and will play a role in the delivery of the wider goals of the organisation.
• You will be a team player, as part of the Corporate Services Team in the High Commission Qualification Required & Experience
• 5+ years of strong proven experience in accounts, budgeting, forecasting and payroll is necessary.
• We also require absolute confidentiality, accuracy and reliability.
• Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise effectively.
• Degree in Finance/Accounting or accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA,) Language Requirements
• Language: English
• Level of language required: Fluent Resources Managed:
• 1 x A2 (L) Accounts Assistant
• Budget of £5.8m approx Key Competences Required for the job
• Collaborating & Partnering
• Managing a Quality Service
• Delivering at Pace
• Making Effective Decisions NOTE:
• This position is initially for the period of one year.
• All applicants must be legally able to work in Ghana with the correct visa/status or work permit.
• The successful applicant will demonstrate that they meet the requirements under Ghanaian law to work in Ghana.
• The British High Commission in Accra is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
• Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission in Accra is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Ghanaian employment law.
• Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
• If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Note: Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All applicants should submit a short (1 page maximum) covering letter stating why they are a suitable candidate for the position, along with a copy of their CV in English and attached Application Form
, by email to: [email protected] Closing Date:
06 October, 2015
• Internal applicants
should also submit the above, with a copy of their most recent 24 months of appraisal evidence (i.e. two full appraisals, or however many abridged appraisals, minutes etc to make up two years’ worth of evidence) to the same email address.
• Internal candidates, and spouses of diplomatic officers
: Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 33/15 ACC, and position you are applying for, and also indicate that you are an internal candidate, or spouse of a diplomatic officer.
• All candidates:
Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 33/15 ACC and the position you are applying for.
More information about the work of the British High Commission in Ghana can be found at http://ukinghana.fco.gov.uk/en/