Solidaridad West Africa
is a Ghana-based, not-for-profit organization that supports the sustainable development of farmers and production systems in West Africa, through the enhancement of value chains of fresh and processed agricultural commodities.
Our activities are focused on the fresh fruit, oil palm, cotton and cocoa sectors. As the West African representative within Solidaridad’s international network (www.solidaridad.nl), we are part of a growing global movement advocating and supporting sustainable and responsible production and trade. Description Of Job Reports to:
Regional Finance Manager Responsibilities:
The Finance Manager is responsible for smooth functioning of financial administration in line with WAFF finance manual in the Ghana office. S/he is responsible for effective coordination with the colleagues of the Finance Department and will generally support the tasks of the Regional Finance Manager. Main Activities:
• Monitoring income, expenditure and monthly bank reconciliation
• Facilitating operational fund transfers to representative offices and projects
• Review the monthly remuneration sheet
• Implement financial policies and procedures as set in the West Africa Fair Fruit Finance Manual
• Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
• Prepare general ledgers, on a monthly basis, for accuracy and completeness; prepare monthly, general journal entries, including accruals, prepayments and reclassifications
• Maintaining head office assets register
• Prepares monthly and to specific deadlines projects financial reports as assigned by the Regional Finance Manager
• Assists in preparing annual financial statements for audit purposes
• Assists in and/or carries out other tasks, as assigned. Qualification Required & Experience
• 1st Degree in Business Administration (Accounting option) from an accredited University or equivalent,
• Minimum of three years’ experience in working with a development organization or NGO.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and excellent analytical skills
• Knowledge in the use of tally accounting software will be an added advantage
• knowledge in project accounting will be an added advantage
• An eye for details How To Apply For The Job
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please submit and your Curriculum Vitae to the WAFF Administrator: [email protected] Closing Date:
13th August, 2012
• ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
• PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THAT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR THE FINANCE MANAGER POSITION.