The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff. Key Responsibilities
• Prepares projects’ monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual reports and any other reports that may be assigned
• Ensure that returns from the project sites are received and properly coded to be entered into the accounting system.
• Prepares projects’ final accounts and supporting schedules for the end- of -year audits
• Scrutinize all project returns and ensure that consistency is maintained in the internal control system and report any lapses found.
• Prepare monthly summaries of project expenses under the appropriate account codes
• Provide financial support to project staff
• Ensure that funds are available for project implementation
• Assist in the preparation of PPAG final accounts
• Undertake monthly supervision of the update of Project’s Fixed Asset Register
• Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation statements
• Assist in preparation of project budget, Annual Programme and Budget (APB) and any other financial information to Management for decision-making.
• Prepare Annual Workplans and completes Performance Appraisal Form
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor. Qualification Required & Experience
• First Degree in Accounting or its equivalent. Partly qualified in any recognized Professional Accountancy Body will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant working experience.
• Working knowledge in Accpac Accounting Software is preferable.
• A good knowledge of accounting systems and procedures
• A good working knowledge in the use of the computer
• Very good interpersonal, communication, and report writing skills
• Must be honest, transparent and reliable
• High sense of responsibility, accuracy and judgmental skills
• Must be team player and able to work for long hours and under pressure
• Must be able to work with little or no supervision and have an eye for details
• Ability to travel at short notices Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees, their e-mail addresses and cell phone numbers to: The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5756, Accra-North.
OR drop in at: PPAG Head Office, Latebiokorshie, Nasia Road
OR e-mail: [email protected] Closing Date:
13 March, 2020